Cycling

If the warranty hadnā€™t come through, I would have explored a repair of the cracked weld. No need now. :sunglasses:

1 Like

My new bike has no wheels
Almost there with the set up (not as shown. The wife had hold of it and messed it up). Now I have to use the damn thing!!

3 Likes

Iā€™m thinking about it again, though I did last year as well.

3 Likes

Look forward to the updates in the Slaughterhouse thread :grinning:

1 Like

Maybe if I knew which thread that is :joy:

Here you go Paul :+1:

1 Like

Oh yeah, mmmm shiny, nnnnngh.

Warranty replacement arrived today, along with a replacement headset. Nice.

11 Likes

:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Lovely; my son has a VN and I quietly lust on our father-son bike outings, but I never let him know. One day Iā€™ll surprise him but right now there is a dearth of decent frames/bikes available as far as I can tell until around the late 2020ā€™s when climate change will be sorted and I might have shuffled off.

1 Like

Have followed Tom Pidcock for a while now. First noticed him as he rode a bit with the likes of Dan Bingham and and Jonny Wale who were on the fringes of the track pursuit team a few years back. When he came close to the podium at the Tour Britain on a Lakes hill climb time trial stage it really was a case of, wow, this kid is one to watch.

What a break through in the last 12 months, first in MTB with U23 titles and a World Cup win then competing with and even beating the best in the Classics earlier in the year. What, heā€™s still 20ā€¦ now 21

MTB XC is an established sport, big in Europe in particular. There are established stars and the pecking order is fairly established. Mathieu van der Poel rocked the boat a little while back, coming from cyclocross he broke into the top 5 and pushed the stars. It took him a couple of seasons to crack it and start winning but he got there. Didnā€™t win everything but went into most races as favourite.

So, Tom Pidcock, the way heā€™s rocked into the Elite MTB world and ripped it apart in the space of 12 months is nothing short of stunning. Heā€™s 21! They donā€™t usually start showing until mid-late 20s in male MTB. (heā€™s not new to MTB, just the establishment)

Plenty of top MTBers have gone on to take the Tour, just saying

Chapeau

Evie Richards tomorrow morning, another youngster. 3rd at the last World Cup race a couple of weeks back and this course will suit her better. She wonā€™t go in as favourite but she has a chance, go Evie!

5 Likes

It was a remarkable ride - I reckon Ineos will be going all in for him over the next few seasons.

1 Like

Just cycled around Kielder. Feel a bit sore. But happy.

5 Likes

Great area, hear itā€™s very bike friendly these days.

Up that way at the end of the month but no bike this time :slightly_frowning_face:

Rent one from Kielder. They have all sorts. All they had left for me when we booked was a crappy hybrid. Only 26 miles on gravel tracks, but harder than we expected.

4 Likes

Yes it is harder than you would think. I have cycled round it and run round it :exploding_head:. I know which felt betterā€‹:rofl:!

Bit late to get tickets for 6 day London. Went a few years ago to see Wiggins and Cavendish.

Got tickets for UCI champions league in December. Be nice that.

1 Like

us too on the Friday

https://youtu.be/UrgaN_OQ_c4

4 Likes

I remember those years well. Rode a similar banana seat Stingray knock-off.
Then we began ā€œconvertingā€ our bikes by replacing the seat with a saddle type, ditching the ape-hanger bars, removing the chain guard and chrome fenders.
Then the real BMXs started making their way North from California and it was off to the races

3 Likes

Lol! trying to do shit like that on a Raleigh Chopper, and later a Raleigh Burner, is part of the reason I have 5 crowns in the front of my gob. Fucking ace stuff. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes