Cycling

If you like touring videos this is a nice one with some great music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdKvOImr5lI

1 Like

Got your wish!

Tough luck for Ineos yet again. Some of their own making? Seemed Mosconā€™s tire pressure wasnā€™t right, was comfortable on the cobbles until the bike change.

Congrats to Colbrelli, tops off a great season for him.

Lizzie though, what can you say. Completely unexpected given her form this year, sandbagging? It was the one she wanted, heard her talking about it a year ago. Job done!

3 Likes

Could only dip in and out of the coverage today but what a race and an amazing win by Lizzie. I feel sorry for Moscon he rode some race.

Up to a pointā€¦. Heā€™s not a very nice bloke by all accounts. I felt sorrier for Van Der Poel - enormous effort to get to the front. Hats off to Colbrelli though.

They were both excellent races :grinning:

1 Like

Ouch!!

2 Likes

Oooft. That is rough. I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery. There was a great interview with Cavendish on The Guardian app over the weekend.

Edit: Here it is

This is fun/interesting:

3 Likes

Anyone here own a Redshift Shockstop bar stem? I bought one last week and have to say (having ridden nearly 120 miles with it) I love it. I use it on my BMC GF02 for road riding but hoping to do some gravel stuff soon. It just takes the bumps out of the ride and allows me to relax more while riding. It also helps when cornering on a bumpy road as I can keep peddling when normally Iā€™d be holding tight and just riding out the bumps. Iā€™ve since bought the Redshift matching seat post and hope to try that out later in the week.
I wouldnā€™t normally make a post about a component, but this made such a positive difference I wondered if anyone else had bought it, or had looked in shock absorbing bar stems & seat post?

1 Like

?

Havenā€™t tried the stem but sounds interesting

2 Likes

Horrendous news especially for his young kids.

5 Likes

Waiting in the middle of a hill to turn right this evening, I then pulled across the oncoming traffic only to find I was no longer properly attached to the bike.

The pedal was still attached to my shoe cleat and I had to thread the pedal back on the broken axle to disengage.

The pedals lasted 10 years of mostly off-road abuse, so not bad really. Just glad there was no pain involved.

1 Like

Eek glad there was no aftermath.

1 Like

That couldā€™ve been nasty - glad youā€™re ok :+1:

1 Like

Scum of the lowest form, premeditated violation of a family that will deeply affect them all. I wish Cav and his family well and understand why heā€™d like them found - if that was me Iā€™d want the fuckers found and put away for a long long time in a dark miserable place. And Iā€™m a liberal.

2 Likes

I agree Ben utter scum.

1 Like

My favourite cycling photo of the past year taken by Marco Alpozzi.

Mathieu Van Der Poelā€™s incredible sprint up the brutal climb of the Via Santa Caterina in Sienna to take the win in the Strade Bianche.

6 Likes

Average gradient : 12.1%;
Maximum gradient : 21.4%

Oof!

1 Like

Have a watch of the finish Gareth itā€™s one of the most incredible finishes Iā€™ve ever seen.

The steepest climb Iā€™ve done is 24 % and it was just fucking stupidly steep. :hot_face:

1 Like

This sums up my favourite cycling memories of 2021. Amazing comeback.

proxy-image (26)

2 Likes

Without doubt the highlight of the year for me as well.