New year, new
homešŸŖ„

Welcome at our new Service CoursešŸ’›#samenwinnen
pic.twitter.com/iLZzfHA1ci

ā€”
Team Jumbo-Visma cycling (@JumboVismaRoad) January
1, 2022

`

I donā€™t really know what I expected to see when they go on about a teamā€™s service course during the commentary in races but this wasnā€™t it.

I would hazard a guess only Ineos can compete with this.

Those bikes tho :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Thats a cracking set up .

I think they mean business - I see Wout Van Aert won the first cyclocross race of the new year.

I hope this yearsā€™ racing lives up to 2021should be a great season.

1 Like

Discovered that the e-bike brand I fancy does deliver-to-you test ride, so booked for a couple of weeks time :grimacing:

3 Likes

You starting a deliveroo route :grinning:

1 Like

I think the market here is already pretty crowded!

Speciality blackened sausages?

2 Likes

Heā€™s 5 for 5 may even be 6 for 6 now since he came back Allan. Tested a bit a couple of times but generally just ridden away.

Pidcock had a good start, two podiums then his first World Cup CX win. Has looked a little out of sorts since Wout returned, could simply be the pace has increased.

Fingers crossed they can get a reasonably clear season in this year.

Thatā€™s seriously impressive, even more so with the fickle nature of cycle sponsorship.

One would think itā€™ll do no harm attracting the best talent.

Nice to see local (to us) lass Anna Henderson is being well looked after :+1:

Strava snip

(Only one I could find at short notice :grin: )

2 Likes

He looks so strong - some win after having to change a shoe mid-race - I noticed Pogacar has won a few CX races recently as well.

Fingers crossed for a full seasons calendar as there is some tremendous talent coming through and who love full gas racing. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I was amazed when I saw the video - itā€™s an incredible set up and they must be very well set up financially to be able to put that together.

I would imagine they have learned a lot of lessons from Sky / Ineos with regards the backstage stuff.

Their new Cervelos are very nice - I wonder what they do with all those bikes at the end of the season :grinning:

Most of the teams sell off the bikes at the end of season, they often have a dealer in a country not important to the brand that disposes them. Merlin have done so for Lotto Soudals Ridleys in the past. Donā€™t know where Jumboā€™s go

1 Like

I didnā€™t know that about Merlin - mind you the amount of abuse they get during a season would make me a bit wary.

I noticed youā€™re using a Hammerhead computer - looks a nice bit of kit ?

Elephantsā€™ graveyard?? (sorry, couldnā€™t resist)

2 Likes

Had an old Garmin that just worked, in the end dampness in the connectors started to make uploading a prob despite maintenance then finally the rubber perished at the on button. Great bit of kit that saw thousands of miles.

Had heard new gen Garminā€™s were flaky but thought how bad could it be. Bought a 530 and had three failures in 6 rides, one fatal. Sent it back.

The Hammerhead has been excellent in most respects. The battery isnā€™t as good as Gā€™s indicating a real world 10 hrs and I donā€™t use sensors or power meter. The major pain being the mount. I used the Garmin adaptor provided as all my bikes are set up Garmin and tabs broke within 200 miles. 30mph downhill, it went flying. Four cars went around it, the fifth over it :flushed:

Bit of damage to the cosmetic surround, broken adaptor but functioning fine :muscle: HH were excellent, had a new surround and adaptor to me in a couple of days and a free bottle as apology.

The second one broke last Thursday, again the unit is fine. Have switched to their proprietary mount which is more secure.

Functionally itā€™s been great, mapping is excellent and just a couple of niggles since I started using it.

Would recommend, just donā€™t use the Garmin adaptor

1 Like

Spoke too soon. Pidcock beats Wout today! Not seen it but made the BBC sports news headlines

2 Likes

Nice interview Matt Stephens/Pippa York

3 Likes

Enjoyed that although quite sad as well Andrew - cheers.

Strange to see them cycling about my usual roads and stopping in my favourite cafe, Bernieā€™s in Bridge of Weir !

1 Like

Nice and interesting video, Matt has such a good manner and style, thanks.

1 Like

`

Sorry cyclistsā€¦
this is pure gold :biking_man: pic.twitter.com/kOUgoXlSuC

ā€”
The Peanut Gallery (@_shanmoho) January
27, 2022

`

:ok_hand:

4 Likes