Dicking about with crap old cars

Filled the car up on thurs and Shell vpower is £1.89 here, luckily the mini only has a 40l tank and I’m averaging 80 miles per month :slight_smile:

This is why I’m driving the wife’s car, Mazda2 that does ~70mpg!

This is why I’m driving an electric car that does almost 5 miles to the kilowatt :smiley:

2 Likes

Good to know, I’ve got to put half a tank in the courtesy car before I give it back next week

paid £1.93 a litre earlier. That hurt.

2 Likes

Failed on one front right wishbone joint. £30 for the part and a bit of fitting. Happy enough with that.

6 Likes

It might be more effective if it was fitted the right way round :roll_eyes: Yes I know it’s a joke.

More effective at what? The filler door locks and the fuel line is anti siphon by design.

You had to ruin it :joy:

1 Like

Yeah, its been annoying me for ages.

2 Likes

One of the spring pans is a bit rotten. 'nother £200.

An acquaintance of mine did this restoration, selling at Barrett-Jackson . . .

3 Likes

Alfa is back. New springs and suspension bits as well as mot. Drives really quite nice. Quite happy. Felt the wind blowing through my hairs.

7 Likes

Did you uprate the bushes to polyurethane?

Nope. Spring pans work better with rose bushes as it was designed to have a bit of movement. Poly bushes last longer but don’t allow that.
Must check what setting the konis are on.

3 Likes

Bit more dicking about this week. Removed the rear light as it is a bit cracked. Was thinking a bit of glue might help. Seems really buggered, so a replacement ordered.
Metalwork underneath seems alright.

Rear bumper a bit faded. Might do summat about that at some point.

I have made a start pulling the Mini apart.

6 Likes

Well done. Any ideas on what the problem is, or just looking, for now?

Putting it back together

7 Likes