Dicking about with crap old cars

It’s certainly a major money pit for anyone looking to put it back on the road. I expect the owner is playing a waiting game as it looks like it has sat there for years.

STill haven’t done the cambelt on the Alfa. Never have the time. Gonna get a local garage to sort it. The sun might come out soon and we will want to use it.

2 Likes

Same with me on the Ducati.

Want one more summer on it before the arthritis in my wrist and thumb makes it impossible to ride anything vaguely superbikey anymore. Then sell it.

I know how to do it, have the tools, but don’t have the time, Don’t fancy spending a grand on a service though.

1 Like

A grand seems a bit on the steep side. Old age does suck sometimes.

Heated gloves, my dad was 70 when he stopped riding the bike to work (70 miles per day) because of the arthritis in his hands and wrists but said that heated gloves really helped with the pain and gripping for 40mins each way

He didn’t have a cat or superbike but it was a BMW K1200GT and didn’t hang about :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s more the riding position putting weight on the wrists, a more sit up and beg bike would probably be fine. Old Skool type muscle bike with a comfy seat is starting to appeal…

6 Likes

You should get one of them custom choppas. You would look well cool on one of them.

I’d look like an old, fat, sad cunt on one.

So just like everyone else who has one then.

4 Likes

Almost everyone. I saw The Tubes once and this woman, or someone very much like her, rode a bike onto the stage

I suppose neither of them looks like that now tho …

2 Likes

Re Styles. Sadly she died aged 72 last year

2 Likes

Or Jane Dornacker

From wiki

Dornacker was aboard during two unrelated crashes of the helicopters leased to WNBC Radio, approximately six months apart. She survived the first crash, in April 1986,[19][20] but was killed in the second.

On October 22, 1986, Dornacker was giving one of the station’s N-Copter traffic reports during the Joey Reynolds Show on WNBC in New York City. At 4:44 p.m., the Enstrom F-28 helicopter she was aboard plunged into the Hudson River from an altitude of roughly 75 feet (23 m). Her last words were, “Hit the water, hit the water, hit the water!” The F-28 helicopter nose-dived, struck the top of a chain link fence at a river pier, crashed into the Hudson River very near to the Manhattan shore and sank in 15 to 20 feet (5 to 6 m) of water. Both occupants were trapped for nearly 10–15 minutes before help arrived. Dornacker died on her way to Saint Vincent’s Catholic Medical Center. Pilot Bill Pate, the only other occupant, was severely injured but survived.

In the subsequent investigation, the NTSB found that the sprag clutchthat was installed in the helicopter, which was on lease to WNBC Radio by Spectrum Helicopters of Ridgefield Park, New Jersey, was a military surplus part which was not designed for use in a civilian aircraft, and that the part had not been adequately lubricated. It directly led to a mid-air seizure of the main rotor blades.[21][22]

Dornacker’s 16-year-old daughter, Naomi, was orphaned, having lost her father, Bob Knickerbocker, three months earlier. Naomi received $325,000 in a settlement with owner Spectrum Helicopters of Ridgefield Park, New Jersey, and the maker of the helicopter.[23]

Shortly after the incident, several on-air interviews with WNBC Radio staff described the incident and their feelings in detail, including how other news organizations “pumped news” into the WNBC Radio newsroom as they were all in shock. Joey Reynolds broke down on-air when talking about Dornacker’s daughter. WNBC played other interviews with friends and recordings of Dornacker talking about the first helicopter crash earlier that same year. Her music was also played during these tribute shows, including “Don’t Touch Me There”, which she had co-written for The Tubes.[24]

A memorial concert in celebration of Dornacker took place at The Warfield Theatre in San Francisco on Saturday, November 22, 1986, with performers including Jerry Garcia, The Tubes, Bobcat Goldthwait, Jeremy Kramer, Sluts a Go Go, Carol Doda and Dennis Quaid.

A memorial to Dornacker is located in Wayne, New Jersey, where she was living at the time of her death.

1 Like

It would be very early 80’s, so I guess Re Styles.

They weren’t dressed like this for the main show

but some of them reverted to it for the encores.

1 Like

Too far gone ?

Keep reading the title as Dicking about with carp

1 Like

5 Likes

Lovely refurbed wheels dressed in new rubber, new radius arm bushes and will now sit at 75 with fingertip control, luverly.

27 Likes

Finally booked Alfa in for cambelt change. Just never going to get round to it, and someone wants to be using to go to work on sunny days.

2 Likes

I has an ENVY! :heart_eyes:

Jealous.

Bulkhead removal bar fitted. Rear radius arm bushes and windows to go before Lopwell and Dormobile.

6 Likes