Diet and Fitness

Last month of the diet. Easing of and eating more with less gym work.
Life is to short.

I’d have thought now would be the time to begin making more sustainable changes and thinking less ‘diet’ and more nutrition so that you can maintain an active lifestyle and keep the weight you’ve lost off.

2 Likes

My breakfast this morning was Porridge, apple and handful of blueberries. Lunch was 3 Bean Salad plus handful of raspberries. Afternoon smoothie carrot juice, spinach, leeks and super green powder. All organic. I crave a cake!

… as death is to long.

VB

1 Like

too

He wasn’t saying “too” he was doing that “sock is to foot as glove is to hand” thing because Dave…etc

Sounds nice. I’m sure a bit of cake with that would be fine going forward. A BIT of cake!

1 Like

You are right. Only 1 Bakewell tart, mince pie or hot cross bun at a time. That sounds doable. :nerd_face:

1 Like

I did this core workout (plus my physio resistance band stuff) Sunday, Tues and today.
https://experiencelife.com/article/core-circuit-workout/
Karate Monday and Wednesday night and a 30 mile ride (for chips though) on Tuesday evening. Planning to do the KB workout tomorrow and I’ve got a pass to ride on Sunday so going to attempt a 60/70 mile route. Karate’s not on next Monday so going to rest then. Fucking hell the karate lot are fit though! Makes me feel unfit (and uncoordinated etc…) :stuck_out_tongue:

I love your dedication to find good chips :+1:

I am over 60 and only 5ft.5. Never properly exercised for 2 years after a lumbar disk issue had me walking with sticks and meeting a spinal neurosurgeon. I work long hours very intensely but not manually. About 6 weeks ago I received a call from the Drs. calling me in.
I was diagnosed as pre diabetic with high blood sugar levels. Type 2 is mainly avoidable. Early detection is the key.
IF YOU DO NOT KNOW YOUR BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS FIND OUT do not take bull from the Drs as I had been hovering around 40 HbA1c mmol/mol (6%) for years but no one told me!!!.

Low 30’s (5%) is OK up to 40 (6%) is borderline 42+ is pre diabetic and 48 ( 6.5%) diabetic with all the associated nasty risks.

Simple switches of diet and frequent power walking bring things under control quickly and are a sustainable lifestyle. In fact I try to be "good " during the week and carry on as normal at the weekends. Lost 10lbs which was my target.

Preaching over but DO ASK what your numbers are. Mine would never have reached 45 if I had been warned earlier.

2 Likes

Do I get hard bastard points for ploughing on with my planned kettlebell workout through a throbbing toothache (root canal booked in next wed)?

No. I have two fillings in the same tooth that have fell out. I’ll get it out at some point but it’s been tender for months. Brushing is like when you get the drill for a filling.

It’s not throbbing though, I’ll give you that. I’ve had that before too. Most of my teeth are good but I bit a tongue bar and fucked a couple years ago.

On a positive note I trained legs today after a layoff due to a chest infection.

First session since 21/03/19 and I have some bruising round the elbow tendon from trap bar Deadlifts. I increased reps from last time but my forearms are clearly weak.

1 Like

After putting on 0.2kg last week I have rallied on lost 1.2kg this week. :heart_eyes: Now 80.1kg.

8 Likes

Well done Dave :+1:

1 Like

Thanks.

2 Likes

Making progress- form improving and managed it all the way through without collapsing on the tripod scissor kicks. Before, it was these that really killed me (my shoulders).

I like this guys site. I think in a few weeks I’ll introduce these, then work at these for a bit- I’ll keep doing the KB workout with the same weight for now. I’m thinking that these should set me up to up the weight to 16kg on the KB workout, and start working on my push/pull ups.

I’ve been working form for my Turkish get up (bodyweight and v light dumbbells + balancing stuff on the raised hand). Also KB clean and single handed deadlift. I read somewhere the Turkish get up suggested as a good warm up exercise (light weight or body weight)

Noticed a huge difference on the ab wheel at karate fitness class last week. The weak link was my lats/shoulders/arms rather than my lower back/core. So, moving in the right direction.

Knee seems to be going in the right direction. Still niggles sometimes but it seems to hold up to more.

2 Likes