Early scoping out of potential DIY horns

The mid and high horns on the Uccellos are a definite upgrade and they use ALK crossovers. I believe Volti did as well until he changed a couple of values and stopped paying ALK. So no doubt they are a bit better. Not sure on the mid and high horns on the Volti, probably an upgrade though as you said.

You could easily upgrade the Klipschorns in the same way though (if buying an old pair).

I think they both look nicer than the Klipsch speakers and would give the Uccellos top marks :ok_hand::+1:

agreed, but maybe too subtle for the @crimsondonkey as he is used to a big circular horn staring him down :grin:

3 Likes

7 Likes

I heard the Volti’s at the RMAF in Denver a few years back and they were excellent and Greg offered them to me for $12000 but they were far to big for my flat.

These are more suitable. Special Edition Rival’s.

1 Like

Sounds a fun thread, spending other people’s money. Win win… I’ve always like the Bd design oris swings. Whether they sound any good I have no idea.

1 Like

these?

3 Likes

Yes, years ago I was thinking of some of his other designs. It would have been a waste in the room I would have used them in…

Someone on the Wam had the swings a few years ago. I can’t think of his user name

@anubisgrau has or had a pair.

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face:

15 Likes

Oh cool. Not sure if that the user on the Wam I was thinking about.

I just think they Swings look really good and are compactish lol

Wicked

Just got my Anna arm back from Nottingham Analogue & haven’t had time to put the cart back on…

1 Like

A picture that says it all…
Perfect :ok_hand:

1 Like

Beautiful :heart:

Had to crop it as the rest of the room is so untidy :roll_eyes:

Probably not. I like the look (Pete had a midrange conical for a while and Steve also) I’m allowing for a little budget creep.

If I win the lottery they’ll be on my list :heart_eyes:

System’s tidy, , I’m guessing other sources are available but it’s nice to see a simple RP, Amp and Phono on a rack. All top quality too.
I bet it’s a joy listening to records on that.

I thought Gordan had been thinking of selling his,
I am sure they were advertised at some point

2 Likes