eBay stuff (Part 1)

No love for SPUs either?

Euro-pop, surely

VB

Close but no cigar.

Thanks to this post Wigfield will be enduring the kind of contorted perversions usually reserved for Royalty and or Kimmy Vader (In the mind garden at 1:39pm)

Less experience with SPUs tbh. But the mainstream Ortofons tend to sound lean and dry to my ears.

1 Like

More likeā€¦

I have a few Ortofon carts, from Kontrapunkt A & B, through Rhondo Bronze and MC200. They all sound pretty different to me. Not a fan of the Kontrapunkt sound myself, for me the Rhondo Bronze is much better and so it the MC200 (Concorde type), really like the MC200 tbh.

Kontrapunkts sound like you describe, but too bright for me too.

Rhondo Bronze, very even cart with a big bass sound, rather Koetsu-ish with some warm midrange.

I have a couple of their MMs as well, not really a fan, aquired them when buying TTs.

1 Like

Jesus, 40c for a box of 25 cancer sticks. I wonder when that was filmed? Must be before about 1975 when the bans on overt TV advertising of fags began to kick in.

Go on, you know you want it.

1 Like

These became Cadenza, so yes we agree.

Iā€™ve got MC100 somewhere, must dig it out, lots has changed since it arrived.

And I donā€™t. One manā€™s bright is another manā€™s open and transparent.

Yeah yeah what evs

https://www.hifi-forsale.co.uk/mobile/moreinfo.php?pid=62372&prodt=speaker

more than a bit suspicious

A pro studio system, normally Ā£7K per speaker, which require a Ā£4K Crown iTech 5000HD power amp per speaker as they act as the power amps and crossovers

ā€œThe System Requires
One CrownĀ® iTech 5000HD power amp for each speaker, or BSSĀ® Soundweb London Processor with Crown Macro-TechĀ® MA-5000iā€

best of luck with that oneā€¦

Meh. They could have squeezed at least another 12 bass units in those cabinets.

Kondo Ongaku - sensible price too.

https://www.hifi-forsale.co.uk/mobile/moreinfo.php?pid=62363&prodt=power-amplifier

Cash only and collection only.

Hmmmm.

I love that song. Bit rubbish at doing the dance though.
I will go away again.