eBay stuff (Part 1)

Ā£5.5K on eBay and he looses fees. Ā£6K from a forum.

Exemplary, somewhat in love with this.

5 Likes

Yes its tempting.

Heā€™s just assuming heā€™s going to be massively lowballed on a forum. Wise.

Of course that NEVER happens on eBay :rofl:

Might be better to put Ā£4750 firm

1 Like

That sounds like a good buy @ Ā£4,750. It might sell relatively quickly if advertised like that.

Is that not pretty-much what they originally retailed for?

Decent amp, if ~18W is enough for you, but seems very a stiff price.

1 Like

I think they were a little more, however they are rare-ish and I donā€™t see many for sale.

1 Like

Yep, US$4000 in 2018. Iā€™m sure itā€™s a damn good amp, but there donā€™t tend to be vast sonic differences between NPā€™s various First Watt issues.

Ah well, weā€™ll be hearing from Captain Birdshit in due course, heā€™s certainly got the right speakers for itā€¦

Good idea, that sort of language means that nobody ever tries to put in a stupid offer in a forum thread rather than a pm. :upside_down_face:

People are ghastly :poop:

2 Likes

These people, these people are the same people who try to get a ā€˜dealā€™ in Oxfam.

You bought the over priced First watt yet?

Why would I? I have a very, very similar First Watt power amp that cost me less than half that, and when I want it to sound slightly better I will pull it to pieces and rebuild it with better parts.

It was on ebay originally at Ā£6.5k. I suspect he has forgotten to amend the forum price, as the ebay price drop has only occurred recently

Probably right

Forum post yesterday at 3:30 by MCRU bloke.

1 Like

Agree - Iā€™ve seen all kinds of user review/ bake off comparisons between the various First Watt designs that try to tell you that they each sound markedly different to one another, but in reality the differences are pretty subtle, even for these ā€˜golden earedā€™ typesā€¦

1 Like

Yep. The man himself says as much, and he actually knows what heā€™s talking about, so good enough for me. Iā€™ve no doubt itā€™s a great amp - probably a nose ahead of the J2 - but seems steep all the same. I suppose a thing is always worth what someone will pay, and thereā€™s no way of obtaining one except used.