eBay stuff (Part 2)

This one#'s less hard on the eyes:

Also: Corian @edd9000

The Motus aligns with my idea of how a DD turntable should be done.

I think it has special feet. But no internal springing. I have posted a review with some info.

This is nice.

2 Likes

F off Dave, that’s mine when I can afford it… :flushed:

Seriously, heard lots of good things from those who’ve had the chance to compare it with other highly rated tables. Arms look good too

2 Likes

Arms are in a different price range.

What a horrible colour

The Sorane ZA-12 has a fair bit of vintage DNA, I’m never happy with a cart twisted quite like this but my OCD makes no difference to the sound/
ARMN

I don’t like the arm. I would replace it with a Thomas Schick 12”, Origin Live 12” Encounter or Moerch DP8 12” tonearm.

1 Like

On looks alone I really love the Sorane arm.

I have questions.

1 Like

Everybody should own the Indonesian cassette of Whiplash Smile…

2 Likes

Might be a bit of a bargain there.

1 Like

There is a 300b on aos that seems better value.

1 Like

You want a bargain track this down.

2 Likes

If there’s a ‘Europe market’ version, I 100% guarantee the mains transformer will be specced for 220VAC at best. These things are always cheap for a reason IME.

All the gear I got from China was 240v and they were all first class for sound and build. For the money.
My first about ÂŁ400 ballpark. Class A

A review.

Perhaps some kit was shipped that actually was 240VAC specified, but I doubt if very much of it was.

The UK is supposed the be Euro-harmonised voltage-wise, but the specifications for that were written very generously so that across Europe old generation and transmission infrastructure could be left in place without billions being spend bringing everything to a genuinely uniform voltage - thus you can encounter anything from ~215VAC all the way up to ~250VAC as you travel about.

The makers of Cheap Chinese gear don’t concern themselves with details that most Europeans themselves don’t have a clue about - they alight on the number “220VAC” and that’s the transformers they ship. On a good day… The transformers survive - mostly - but they can contribute to short component lives, especially valves.

I’d rather buy properly-specced used gear than brand new chifi. I simply don’t trust any of it.

1 Like

Cayin was well regarded at that time and blew most U.K. beer out of the water for build quality.

1 Like