eBay stuff (Part 2)

Not so much the things being sold, more…

4 Likes

Singing Wardrobe.

3 Likes

Great, now I want it/them…

2 Likes

Aesthetix Rhea Eclipse Phono

3 Likes

They have to be some of the worst photos ever.

1 Like

What do you expect for £5K? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

How much?

1 Like
1 Like

Redditch @crimsondonkey

1 Like

I think this is the same guy who was trying to sell them about 12 months or so ago. Close enough to go take a listen as well.

Cons:

• Blue fucking horns again!
  • Not all that convinced by relative improvement in bass from the ‘short-horn’, ie its not going to be real horn bass is it.
  • Overall size - might not look it but their footprint is significantly bigger than my Duos
  • Getting the fucking things up here :grimacing:

Pros:

• Love the fucking look of the cabinets on Mezzos!

So looks like its a clear runway for you Mark - you’re due an upgrade so go treat yourself :smile:

Interesting that Avatgarde seem to have deleted that style and footprint from their G3 range.

Now it’s just Duo SD and Duo GT.

Yep they’ve rationalised the line up and gone into active set ups with their i-tron amps plus forthcoming preamp and streaming modules.

That pair of subs tho’…

3 Likes

LOL, I also had the same what the fuck moment.

Yes, let me add these fart boxes to a bass cab containing 2x12" active subs per channel that will be flat to around 17Hz.

2 Likes

Some of that Strawberry Rentals stuff is interesting, mainly the Amcron amps which would need looking over before use due to their age. The auctioneers don’t know what they are doing because they are putting the power supply for a mixing desk in a different lot to the desk making both useless. You can’t buy one desk with PSU in this auction. The PA speakers will have been thrashed to within an inch of their lives and probably stored in a shed for the last 20 years.

Where is Bob now?

Always liked the description of these having a capacitor the size of a loaf of bread lol

There seems to be a tradition in military parts lists of putting the noun before the adjective e.g. Bolt, Mild Steel 6" x 3/4". I’ve heard electronics guys who were old enough to have done national service (almost all gone now) talk about using a CFE for quietening power rails. Stands for Capacitor, Fucking Enormous.

5 Likes

Oh yes, sealing ring, torroidal, nitrile rubber … o ring to you and me.

It’s how items are codified using the NATO stock numbers.

Bugger all to do with stores, on the Clyde approaches there are a couple of exhaust chimney stacks that make a useful nav trig point. Marked up on charts as BFC. :slight_smile:

4 Likes