eBay stuff (Part 2)

Radford STA15 ? Beam Echo DL7-35 ? Dynakit ST-70 ? AN Melius (Iā€™ve never seen or heard one of these, but they do have EL34s in them) ?

Had an 8L6 which was areet, the next owner managed to blow it up straight after a service then try blame me for it
Woo

Audio Innovations S500, S700, S800, or S800 anniversary?

But i concede the point, EL84s sound nicer, and proper SETs much nicer

Yes and Iā€™ve got an STA15 at the moment (itā€™s for sale if you want to buy it)

Donā€™t like them.

I hope you cunts realise that Vanessa is now a suicide risk?

@A_Touch_of_Cloth hide her now!

1 Like

Iā€™ve already got an STA15 thanks. Itā€™s got a loose EF86 socket, which needs fixing, but along with the pair of DL7-35s I once had in to overhaul itā€™s the cleanest, quietest valve amp Iā€™ve ever heard.

Quadā€™s Peter Walker developed the ESL57 alongside his Quad II amps, but when he heard a pair of his speakers being driven by a Radford (STA25 perhaps, rather than 15) he was man enough to admit that the Radford did a better job.

Still, each to their own. If we all chose the same things then this would be a pretty dull game.

I reckon she can take care of herself. She had a couple of goes at taking care of me :grin: !

5 Likes

That has been on there at that price for at least a year, have been tempted a few times.

She tried to kill Pete too :roll_eyes:

1 Like

TBF anyone who meets Pete will try at some point.

3 Likes

I had a quick in and out without the bitiness. Must have just got lucky.

Indeed. Not an experience I care to ever try again. Worst electric shock Iā€™ve ever had.

2 Likes

Ha! Before Graeme sorted her (it), I used to turn her on with my shoe or if in socks, a golf tee.

Since Graemeā€™s endevours, I now just walk up to her cockily, in the manner of Norman Wisdom shortly before falling down an open manhole, comfortable in the knowledge that this may be the time she gets her own back.

10 Likes

You should be all right Stuart. I think she likes you.

Iā€™ve certainly shown her loyalty.

I handā€™t realised there was anyone left alive daft enough to give the slag house room.

Determination: 11/10
Sensibleness: -3/10

1 Like

She is neat and tidy inside now mind.

If I can be ershed later I may turn the dirty girl over and take her knickers off for the lads.

2 Likes

You beast :rage:

1 Like

Yes! FILTH!!! Make it so! :+1:

4 Likes