eBay stuff (Part 2)

Here is a better one.

9 Likes

They are the ones I was thinking of, look lovely.

1 Like
2 Likes

They look fun

1 Like

I imagine the price to go up nearer the end but starting point seems low.

I’d imagine that the price will be held back by the fact that they no longer have the original bass drivers which is a great pity.

2 Likes

Still, make a nice pair of workshop speakers :+1:

2 Likes

Yeah but this can be a good opportunity I feel. Could be a decent price for what should still function well (I think, perhaps).

I’m a worrier by nature so I don’t think I could relax and enjoy them as they are. I’d have a niggling worry about the specs of the replacement drivers being different from the originals and the crossovers not being perfectly suited to the new drivers.

That said, they would make an excellent project and it may be possible to find a pair of JBL drivers that are very close to the originals or in time you may even come across a pair of the original Altec drivers.

1 Like

One for ESL fans

5 Likes

Not much of a TV fan then?

3 Likes

They are on casters though. :+1:

1 Like

Deep, dark, still, daily faff.

1 Like

This guy would fit in here quite well. Stacked Quads, Rorschach rug, models of Concorde, B52 and Enterprise hanging from the ceiling plus many bottles of booze, presumably empty on the radiator. I rest my case.

2 Likes

I’d really like to try them!

3 Likes

With sub-woofer(s)

:grinning:

I take many leaps of faith to be honest. I get the concerns but I wouldn’t worry about them personally. Saying that though I did buy the exact bass drivers that my crossovers were designed for instead of going for some Eminence ones that others do use with them, which meant getting them from America instead of the UK :grinning:

1 Like

The thing about those Altec Lansing speakers is that you may as well just build something yourself. The bass driver is a huge part of the sound and you don’t even know what model it is, or how well it will fit the box and crossover. There’s every chance they’ll just be a bit shit.

1 Like

B17 :nerd_face:

1 Like

Just roll the fucking dice already.