eBay stuff (Part 2)

2 Likes

This also looks like a nice set-up.

yehbut Italy innit?

Ah, I didn’t look at that :person_facepalming:

Provided the arm is behaving itself (they usually do), the Goldmund is a lovely sounding turntable. I’d flog the Lyra though. :grinning:

1 Like

Seems a decent price to me.

1 Like

Within an inch of it’s life :grin:

1 Like

These look interesting

Original owner. In storage for over 20 years. Oak with brown grills. Impedance 4 ohms. Styles change but great sound is great sound. Hand built Dec. 1980 with carefully matched drivers. Perfect for a vintage audio setup. Tweeters replaced 30 yrs ago with factory originals after cat clawed one.

Includes matching, VERY RARE electronic crossover for bi-amping. Powers up but not tested. Prefer to sell together but may be open to offers.

Wow, did Snell make the active XO or some random aftermarket thing?

I think he licensed them to DBX?
I still have mine, somewhere.
When I sold/traded my speakers, Tony didn’t want to buy it, and after Dom bought them from Tony, he wasn’t interested, either.

1 Like

How much are they up for out of interest?

Personally never felt the need to go active, must get my arse in gear and start soldering the F5 turbo amps

I think it was dB Systems, rather than dBX, and I recall they had a reputation for self destruction, i did hear they were designed by Rappaport who was a bit of a maverick

My reading of the passive crossovers i have worked on suggests that when the active crossover is used it removes the low pass filter to the bass unit, and the main high pass filter to the midrange is pushed to a much lower frequency. The driver compensation parts of the midrange remain unchanged, and the tweeter crossover remains unchanged

Well remembered.

Not EBay but worth a mention for these fantastic sounding speakers.

Not impressed by the finishing…

1 Like

Good leg pull, Paul. Presume them are t’ packing crates for them?

1 Like

Oh yes. One thing I can say for Arts is the build is immaculate, and TBH, I’d love to have a play with a pair of this exact model.

2 Likes

smidge of bass reinforcement for the airscouts? @Kevin

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/12-vitavox-thunderbolt-basshoerner/2208932406-172-2338

1 Like

Probably should group buy here !

I think the original LV Air Partner was based on the Thunderbolt based horn