eBay stuff (Part 2)

Indeed it was, although the Young brothers (David in particular) gave Kevin some input on how/where/what to beef up to make it more suitable for HiFi use. I think I bought the original pair but they went straight to Nottingham as Kevin had the space for them.

Vitavox’s tame cabinet maker built the first few sets of cabs & did a nice job.

Don’t suppose you know who that is? He made the cabs for my tonescouts so Kev doesn’t know how the backs come off :frowning:

Mike Harvey who now does Vitavoix Hifi?

They don’t actually go that low. Maybe 50Hz.

Seems not a bad price given the individual components

If I recall it was someone called Bill Webb who’d have been near the Vitavox factory in Harrow. This was 1992 so he’d be late 80’s or 90’s now if still going.

1 Like

The secret will be taken to the grave! :grinning:

If he gets the back off he could use them in his grave!?

One for the jazz collectors:

In case any north of the border meatmen fancy wielding a soldering iron and some furniture polish.

This could go with it.

1 Like

EMT 930 TT

1 Like

Not a 930

1 Like

Not fly like a G6

1 Like

Recently read Eric Clapton’s autobiography (I know…) who mentions buying some of these for his living room back in the Cream days.

2 Likes

Are those the ones posted further up previously?

They really do look like nice examples. It’s a lot of money though. I think you should just DIY some.

No idea if it’s good or not but looks interesting

Not sure how much change you would get out of that after buying drivers, making cabinets, horn profiles, making crossovers etc.
If they were manufactured commercially now they would probably be >£30K

The drivers for those are cheap, reckon you could build a pair for £2.5k with plain cabs.

1 Like

Not saying the cabinets would necessarily look as nice!

You could buy horns and drivers to cobble together much cheaper but I’m not saying it would really be the same. Would be cheaper though :slightly_smiling_face: