eBay stuff (Part 2)

The guy has been posting for eight years and has a solid response rate suggests he is not a scammer. That and the fact he’s also posted a pic of the invoice from a reputable dealer leads me to think it’s a mistake on the pricing. If I was local enough I’d be enquiring just in case :slight_smile: Pics are too genuine, ie shite, to be from a proper scammer.

Putting these here so I can pretend I can have them for a minute.

think it’s fake, those pics have been appearing in ads since Nov 21

No fucking way I’d go to Wavertree with £4k in my pocket.

PM’ed you, not to see if you can come along to collect

I know someone who has a nice pair of similar vintage Duos which he’ll let go for about £6k ish iirc :smile:

I am destined to be single, but with a great hi-fi.

5 Likes

hi

4 Likes

Hi

3 Likes
1 Like

I had a lovely pair of Thiels a while back, very natural sounding and dynamic if you get plenty of power up 'em.

1 Like

That pair have been whoring around all over the place over the years. I rather fear they have some driver damage as well as the cabs being shagged. At £2K I’d roll the dice, but not at £4K.

1 Like

Hacked account?

Were they really £25k new? It seems a lot when compared to other even higher end brands .

Triangle got desperately over-ambitious with prices well over a decade ago, it’s why they’ve all-but vanished from the UK market. Their high-end stuff is nice (if you like the house sound), but there’s nothing really about them that is tangibly higher-quality than their more modest ranges other than things like cabinet build complexity and magnet/coil sizes in the drivers. I believe the cabs are all now made in either China or Malaysia - in common with many manufacturers.

1 Like

They look pretty similar to my foo’d pair for which I paid £350!

1 Like

They may belong to Jon Sa Trinxa the balearic dj. I saw him posting loads of Bowie stuff that I presumed was his that was going for auction imminently.

The estimates look very low :confused:

Assuming their registration requiring full credit card details and security code is normal. Ie, not a scam

If so, will be onto some of that. Prices look ok, a lot of Bowie first press isn’t too expensive as there were shit loads pressed.

Come and buy me estimates to attract bidders
They don’t mean a thing.