eBay stuff (Part 2)

No scam, have done a few of their auctions before.

Just remember to add their charges etc to whatever you want to bid.

Cheers. Some of the Japanese stuff is interesting, a couple of rare issues as well. If the pricing doesn’t get silly that is.

The Saleroom are online facility allowing bidders to bid on live auctions at auction houses all over the country, EasyLive Auction are another such.
They all require you to register a method of payment and to register to allow you to bid.

1 Like

So many variants even with later (Popular) titles (See fully laminated Hunky Dory) . His earlier recordings can be stratospheric, I sold this a few years ago, it went well

The thing is there is a very high demand for Bowie, even his 1st on Deram (It’s not great) commands grown up prices

I see they have a ‘dress cover’ of the man who fell to earth

Again, big boy price tag.

The collectables will fetch the money, the more run of the mill stuff tends not to be in the realms Japan Man pricing. I won’t be buying like Japan Man that’s for sure. More a second copy of later albums, that’s later than that one above😁

I should correct my previous to “needn’t be too expensive”.

A guy I went to school with started collecting early Bowie stuff in the mid 70s.
At the time I thought the money he was paying for it was nuts but he had King Bees records and all sorts.
I imagine that is now quite a collection if he kept on with it

The thing is Bowie was around for years on the Mod scene before getting a winning formula for stardom. Same goes for Marc Bolan. See ‘The Riot Squad’ for one of his earlier outings with the also then unknown Mitch Mitchell.

Having scanned that lot, once I got past the expensive 200 plus stuff, the standard albums are poorly described, wouldn’t know which issues or what the condtion is.

Saw a"dress" cover, looks like the re issue. May have been another I missed.

Looks like the auction house is just down the road from me, is that where the records will be our does it just pull up the nearest auction house to where you live?

Oi, I created you an entire sub forum to discuss this @BobC :smiley:
Not a single post in it so far!

1 Like

I’ve got 3 at 90 percent written up, I’ll drop one in and see if interest is there. Will do that tonight. An trying to edit down from 10 pages!

LOL, only pulling your leg.

The Auction house is here

They will have a viewing day when you can go and have a look at the items, You could also go to the actual auction and bid if you wanted to. Viewing day details will be on their wbsite

Anyone heard these. Reported to do bass well, so may be up my street…

I have the Princess System Signature speakers which I think were an earlier version of these. In my experience they are hard to match with an amplifier and can sound rather dull if you get it wrong. Get it right and they are smooth and entertaining. Mine are the stand mount and bass unit combo.

1 Like

I have a Hegel, although would be willing to change if they worked in my room.

If they are rear ported like mine (mine have three rear ports) they like space and I’d suggest trying an amp that has reasonable power and maybe a slightly warm presentation to give some body to the sound.
Mind you, I did try them with my Art Audio Diavolo 12w valve power amp which worked fine but I always feared I could be pushing the amp more than I wanted.
What part of the country are you?

Stratford upon Avon.
Off to the Daventry hifi show this weekend to listen to speakers, only issue there is I can’t stand how most modern speakers sound😐

Fyne are the only mainstream brand I have heard lately that I enjoyed.

You’d be welcome to try my speakers if you can find a way to collect them.

2 Likes

Very kind, I might be speakerless in a week :flushed:

1 Like
1 Like