EBay twattery - scams in disguise!

:grinning:

1 Like

I get the issue here, far too many companies willing to leave parcels on doorsteps or with a neighbour. What if your. Neighbour hates you and just keeps it.

With some couriers, you can specify that it absolutely can’t be left anywhere else and a photo must be produced.

Poor quality of rant, he’s probably run out of Preparation H again.

1 Like

Don’t support his rant FFS.

1 Like

Last photo I received of a delivered parcel was from a doorstep of a house in another street.

1 Like

Yeah I had this once! I had to go hunt down my bloody parcel, going door to door looking for it!

And one time, a courier saw fit to dump the parcel outside the front door of our flats, like on the street!

Cunts!

Evri sent me a photo of my delivery on our kitchen table while I was upstairs. That’s service!

3 Likes

Ahh Evri, the company so shite it had to change it’s name…

2 Likes

Well, you know when you’ve been DP’d

Sorry I mean DPD’d

1 Like

Airtight, by Evri

1 Like

Mini hifi just come up for sale locally

Music centre for sale, really good condition. One speaker doesn’t work but doesn’t affect it at all. £50 or near offer
Will accept swaps for a bmx

2 Likes

EBay did me over. Sold a £150 quid pair of Trickers.
Man sends back as they don’t fit. He used the returns thing and even wrote they were too big for the quoted size.
I kicked off and eBay customer services told me “what’s the issue, you get them back and gets a refund”.
The issue was that I wanted them to explain which part of THEIR t£c allowed a return for not fitting.

With a little persistence I kept the money and the shoes as they had to admit I was right.
Annoys me when the company ignore their own rules as it’s the easy way out!!

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s difficult to make things Thick People proof, when the thick people try so very hard to be thick :ok_hand: I’ll try drawing pictures for you next time :+1:

Is that thick like not using eBay yet using eBay?

See distance selling regs. People can return for changing their mind they don’t even need a reason.

1 Like

What if - crazy idea I know - lots and lots and lots of other people have used ebay extensively and encountered these problems, and even - madness I know - shared their experiences with others?

I thought Descartes had put solipsism to bed rather a long time ago, but perhaps your take is more valid? It is 2023 after-all, and we do seem to be living in post-Reality…

You ok hun?

Schrödingers eBay

He both has and hasn’t used it

3 Likes

They don’t apply to second hand goods via private sellers.
They do apply to business sales as usual.
You can only return items if they fit the contract terms (eBay’s).