Economy talk

The internets will explode.
You are only allowed to buy watches if you intend to lose money on them, otherwise you are not a real participant of ‘the hobby’ and not a ‘serious collector’

28,700 miles, same owner 40 years. Much more fun than a watch £48k more pounds though.

5 Likes

Haha.

I had thought of making a “joke” post that the price had gone up because of the mental inflation.

Prices don’t go up.

1 Like

Watches have peaked. Now the crypto bubble has burst there’s mass-offloading of investment pieces. Also the GBP is heading into Zimbabwe dollar territory…

I recommend a gobful of gold teeth* :+1:

*E&OE: I’m a fucking idiot, never do anything I suggest.

3 Likes

Incredible, really.

1 Like

Ah stop your fussing, that opens up other business avenues for companies to buy up high risk debt etc.

How could that possibly go wrong.

Yeah cheap repo properties for tory landlords. Available soon.
Stinks of Fannie mac ‘n’ cheese.

2 Likes

Is that the new name for Filet of Fish?

3 Likes

Watches are a great investment if you have a new-for-old policy and get burgled :+1:

3 Likes

Not if you have Rolex Sub or GMT it isn’t
New RRP price is a third to half of the price the old one was worth.
You couldn’t buy a replacement for the payout, and if you bought it second hand you could be losing money.

Just put yourself back on the list, isn’t that how it works? :rofl:

1 Like

That’s Ok then. I wouldn’t have a Rolex if they were giving them away. Common as muck. :smiley:

A Ronald McDonald mortgage.

1 Like

Timing is everything.

Mind boggling.

6 Likes

@htm_1968 Ólan, as the resident economist-type-person, I would be interested in your take on this recent letter to the Grauniad.

1 Like

Pah, he’s only a Professor of Finance, nearly 20 years at the Centre for Policy Modelling, what does he know ?

Fucking expert innit

Oh dear. Don’t panic.

the governments and regulators have no idea what the banks are up to. And they don’t really want to as long as the tax and bungs keep coming

1 Like