Electronic music

This is a cracker as well

2 Likes

I did listen to that the other day after you posted it on here. Bit patchy for me. Some good bits, some meh.

Fairy nuff

Can’t go wrong with a bit of early Boards Of Canada

3 Likes

Have never heard any of their stuff. Will check them out tomorrow when I am working.

BoC are fabulous. BlueTec is worth a listen. Some of it is great, some very duff though.

I do prefer the ambient side of things, despite having a history of gurning techno and Goa trance.

1 Like

They have an uncanny knack of making music that is like a soundtrack to your childhood memories.

1 Like

I read that as BlueTac.

Sunda Arc is good:

Also worth trying State Azure, although not necessarily this LP:

I love this:

This is worth a blast:

None of them are ambient per se. There might be something there to perk your interest up though.

1 Like

The only thing on Tidal is a 4 track EP from 2017 which I like a lot especially the first two tracks - where to go from here might you suggest?

1 Like

You can stream most of The Home Current back catalogue from their Bandcamp page for free.

1 Like

Quite a lot is (was ?) available on Vinyl too.

It is spendy I think as they wee mainly 300-500 copies in the issue. Once those are gone…

A lot of it is still quite reasonable

Anything released by Warp in their first ten years is well worth looking into.

4 Likes

Shpongle, Ozric Tentacles, Gong, Hybrid, Eat Static and, of course, the mighty Aphex Twin

1 Like

Fuck how could I have forgotten to recommend this to Gareth @Waxy :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

'zackly :roll_eyes: :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Still in my all time Top 5 LP list after all these years.
Love Volume 2 but the brown vinyl really fucks the sound out of it.
@Waxy If you like it on the mellower side, check out B12’s 1993 Electro Soma Lp. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

The reissue of this from a couple of years ago is superb.

1 Like