ESD grounding plugs + wires

Found.

Already forgotten which thread, but a few of you wanted some of these. £5 each posted.

Can also supply 16AWG / 600V tinned-copper stranded wire - white for domestic harmony sake - at £2/m

Add £3 and I will crimp-on an M5-6 round spade at the plug end and an M4 forked spade at the other (loosen a casework screw), and add some green’n’yellow heatshrink for tidiness’ sake.

A bit like this but without the bit in the middle -

Just PM with what you think you want, and I’ll work out a cost.

3 Likes

I will have one, with the made up cable, 3m.
PM payment details, and I will get it off to you, with address.

1 Like

PM’d

1 Like

PM sent.

1 Like

PM’d

1 Like

Couple of people have asked if I can use an RCA as per the pic so they can use an unused socket, and yep, can do (connected to ground only, obvs). Add £5 per plug.

1 Like

Have you registered as a forum dealer?

6 Likes

Pm on its way

1 Like

Is someone selling cat food?

1 Like

Had a few people ask:

y tho

The reason for this stuff is to provide a common, star-ground between (ideally) all of your equipment (the white wires in this case) back to Earth via a high-impedance (safe, current-limited) connection (the bright yellow ESD plug).

An alternative approach uses isolation transformers to remove all direct electrical connections. This also works, but unless you use some pretty expensive tx, it comes at a readily-noticeable cost to overall resolution, and of course can change relative impedances, also affecting SQ…

Here, we’re primarily trying to ameliorate possible ground-loops between system components by providing a common, low impedance ground connection between everything. Buzzes and hums often come from ground planes which sit at different potentials relative to one-another, and which attempt to equilibriate by following circuits (e.g. signal pathways) not intended for them. When that happens, you hear it. This is a simplification, and there are many, many exceptions and complications…

You can (and IMHO, should) include your TT, step-up and phonostage in this LOOM :wink: - both to help with noise issues and because it can really help dissipate static buildup.

NB: Any old bit of wire will do - you don’t need me to provide the wilfully overspecced stuff I have here, it’s just convenient. If you want to DIY, just grab some 16 to 24AWG kit wire, strip the ends, and twist them around casework screws and plug binding posts.

NB2: I can’t promise this will cure your hum/buzz problems - there are a fair few reasons why you may have noise issues.

If you wish to return the stuff and get a refund - tough. Cry me a river.

Any Questions - please post ITT, so I don’t have to answer the same Q 20 times via PM. Ta.

3 Likes

I have already been in contact with my solicitor just in case :rage:

That’s the spirit.

And is also why yours will be treated with my special formulation performance-enhancing patented Reduce Annoying Noise Treatment.*

*AKA Novichok

3 Likes

I hate you :angry:

1 Like

This is only Right and Proper :ok_hand:

1 Like

ESD?! FFS, I thought is was LSD :confused:

1 Like

Guaranteed one-way trip if you lick the socket it goes in… :ok_hand:

1 Like

I’d rather it come on a bit slower than that.

Do you make nipple attachments?

1 Like

Way ahead of you…

1 Like

So it was you that did away with @coco !