Extension cables

Yeah it has the control box, and I think that I’m best off extending the standard mains not the type 2.

I bet russ can help you out

https://www.russandrews.com/the-superkord500-sdii-uk-mains-w350-evo-rhodium/

mind you it might be cheaper to buy a new house

1 Like

BHB will give a better quality of charge.

Think you would be better off, and maybe safer, extending the type 2.
Lots of fire safety concerns about the mains plug in chargers. Fires can be bad.

1 Like

Maybe not so bad if the mains converter is sitting out on the pavement though ?

VB

I would not call that a good fire. It is okay as it has not burnt your house down I suppose.

I don’t think that the type 2 extender would work. My current plan is to wire up a chunky rubber plug with 4mm armoured cable and have an IP66 socket the other end. This will cost under £100, and be useful if I visit others.

I might try to buy the parking space so it would be worth installing a proper charging point, but that will be later.

No.

Just buy something to the best possible spec made by somebody competent, ya tightfisted cunt.

4 Likes

My solution is much more expensive than a purchased extension. I want it to be the safest possible though.

If there is a way of purchasing what I’m making, I’m happy to do it!

Loose weight now, ask Lab-Ya! how

4 Likes

Lose. (This time it matters. Better safe than sorry.)

VB

1 Like

We sell loose weight by the KG. £10 please

1 Like

@Penance might have a few tips for getting oversize things into tight orifices.

Otherwise if it really won’t fit then you could connect a short length of 2.5mm2 between the plug and the long 4mm2 run. Crimp connects done properly (find someone who has a decent crimp tool) are better than choc block no matter how chunky the choc block is.

VB

My neighbour bought some cables, from a boot sale, that were used on building sites. Proper outdoor and heavy duty, and about £10 each.
He was going to run about 70 metres.
Probably still has them. I can check, if you like.

Don’t use the yellow ones of course. They’re only rated for 110V. It’s blue for 240V.

VB

That almost certainly doesn’t involve you constructing it.

6 Likes

Thank you for volunteering!

1 Like

Not a chance. I’m not getting involved. As you say, safety first, so buy a ready made one.

2 Likes

I can’t!

Yeah, no one sells 13A extensions. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Do you think that a commercial 1.5mm2 one will be safer? I can get them with water resistant sockets.