Fabulous Foo (or ICHM's shopping list)

Heads off to workshop, furiously designing and making cable lifters out of various species of timber…

5 Likes

Schumann reviews - Compelling stuff.
http://www.aca.gr/index/hiend/hiendArticles?row=102

given some of the stupidly large and heavy cables in use these are probably necessary to give the equipment connectors a chance. Which would make some vague sense if we were talking about a power distribution box at a substation (although of course they would actually engineer the damn things properly)

So you whack it with a spoon?

Rhythmically. For different timbres wooden spoons can also be used, Panzer gave a heavy tone but Mpingo was perfect for Oistrakh’s Mozart Sinfonia.

2 Likes

I know it’s a joke, but people use cable lifters, for fucks sake.

2 Likes

It’s crazy innit? I’ve heard some people use “tuning” fuses too :rofl:

2 Likes

Happy birthday jb

1 Like

loads of those at Cranage

The king of cups

I am completely hypnotised by the relationship between the drop-down for length and the price.

1m -> 2m, it slaps 10 grand on the price
2m -> 3m, another 10 grand
etc. etc.

I could play with this all afternoon.

1 Like

ah but free delivery ! :rofl:

1 Like

I’d expect it to be delivered by a posse of naked cheerleaders on roller skates at that rate :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

and they stay on to act as cable lifters

My pair will cost £51,799.

Thank goodness for 0% finance.

1 Like

Cheapskates. A proper audiophile would want Bi-wire Dragon bass

3 Likes

Characteristic impedance is the square root of the ratio of a cable’s inductance per unit length to its capacitance per unit length. For this to be zero either the inductance per unit length has to be zero or the capacitance per unit length has to be infinite. The second condition would make the cable, um, a bit difficult to drive. So let’s assume the inductance is zero.

How can that be ?

VB

special magic thinking

Given sufficient glue anything is possible

3 Likes