Fabulous Foo (or ICHM's shopping list)

Comedy pricing aside, they are rather handsome objects, and do actually do something useful - so I’m going to make a “No Foo” call and sit back an enjoy the opprobrium*…

*A mixture of Opium and Librium, poked up the bum. TGIF :+1:

4 Likes

Nice.

1 Like

Thank God It Fits??

1 Like

There’s no gain without pain… :point_up:

1 Like

Foo pedantry a new high/low

4 Likes

I’ll take your word for it.

This. Active must be soooo much better than passive, surely?

Tribunal set for 10/03/2020 :confounded:

5 Likes

Thinking of reporting him for crimes against foo, if anyone has the address in Japan for me to write to.

1 Like

I’m struggling to find a good reason why I watched all of that.

So, the motor, platter, mat and tonearm make NO difference to the sound? BUT, you need good cables, not just the ones that come with the deck…

Ah well.

2 Likes

Did he say that? Haha

I was listening as I was working and heard most of it as he rubbished everything.

36:20

1 Like

He’s alright. He’s a homebrewer :+1:

Excellent shirt :+1:

Plenty of shit in that. But his premise of HiFi snobbery and/or shaming, is sound.

People like that everywhere really. My only real experience of hi-fi is these forums and when I stumbled across them I couldn’t believe how helpful everyone was. I think there’s a good mix on here with all sorts of equipment.

He’s basically knocking people for upgrading bits as they can, trying to squeeze a bit of performance (or just feel good about new shit, whatever). He seems alright I suppose.

Nah ! He’s a complete inverse snob - if he can’t see the benefit, he won’t accept that there is a benefit.

HiFi shaming is a thing. I’ve not seen much of it here, except when winding somebody up. If it occurs, they are shot down. Brand snobbery still does happen though. Some of it from experience, most from peer/mag pressure.
I accept that many people on here are close to their “end game” and are confident with their choices. All here understand that there are an infinite variety of ways of achieving that nirvana. He dismisses that.

I agree with his statement that; if it sounds good to you, it is good. That’s about all.

4 Likes

This

The only redeeming feature of his rant.

3 Likes

Cosmic Klingon’s musing would have been more insightful and transparent if he’d added a little opening disclaimer:
“I dun blew my mind with DMT whilst masturbating onto a Steve Hillage gatefold cover. My hearing plays tricks on me, Eh? What did you say? It’s Christmas not Easter right? Turntables whir in a vortex and the goblins sing and prance. Contempt prior to investigation is the only way because 5G lizard waves are tough to surf.”

6 Likes

I would hope that DMT would have brought some post experience clarity.