Fabulous Foo (or ICHM's shopping list)

You know the 'Toir is missing a trick here.

Well made functional cables etc made by any one of our resident experts but with the blurb written by @Ruprecht and then sold for small fortunes.

This place would be self sustaining in no time.

Foo For The Fucktard.

9 Likes

It doesn’t (quite) work like that alas.

The cable client for whom I tweak copy found that, when it was time to assault the truly barking end of the market, it wasn’t enough to just diligently over engineer something and have me slap some flowery prose on the site. The market needs an element of the demented and they had to engineer it in even though, they were largely sceptical* of doing so.

*They seemed confident doing so hadn’t made it worse. They couldn’t bring themselves to do that.

It really won’t matter what we make, it will sell by the warehouse full to emancipate the downtrodden hifi types

1 Like

Although I was joking that tidbit is slightly scary :slightly_smiling_face:

There are many tuff lessons on the road from mere audiophool to the mystical heights of audidiot-savant.

The trad snakeoilist knows that most people can’t tell the difference between Thing A and Thing B, and want and need to be told what they like - but the truly enlightened knows that many don’t actually want their system to sound better and will pay good money to have it sound worse.

Fuzzy mommy > wire mother.

Not even joking, not slightly.

2 Likes

Quite so

3 Likes

The trouble with obsession is it constantly plagues the mind with “What if”. When the sufferer has ready funds, Foo man strikes pay dirt.

3 Likes

Fear and audio paranoia sells. Create the bogeyman- like ‘mains hash’ and other unknown forces ‘throttling’ your precious system.

Then introduce your cure all, with its high tech magic designed to settle all vibrations and unknown distortions and such.

Contrast to the calmness of other users of said foo medicine, they are happy with their systems, while you are restless. All it takes is to click here and they can make it all go away…

+…the promise of pleasure / peace of mind / pride.

Anyone who has set up an expensive cartridge has, at some point, experienced the above to a degree.

1 Like

As with all addictions.

1 Like

Obsession and compulsion 101

Pebbles, pearls and shot = Foo Belt, cummerbund and braces

5 Likes

I saw this today and thought the wrong picture had been posted

Genuinely thought that this was some kind of vacuum cleaner / sexual deviant crossover thing until I read the text.

Also pretty certain that the David Lynch dune had similar pig robots, but Google is proving a bit evasive.

4 Likes

Whatever is in there is hardly making the signal path more transparent.

Stronzetto attenuation & cable damping available on long term loan. Payments via Standing order with additional rider including glue per diem and bottomless Pedigree Schmackos (Favorite treat)

Are Taylor Made diversifying from golf to audio?

1 Like

The Central Scrutinizer

3 Likes

Speaker Hoover<Sealion-as-a-Power-Cable

seaj

9 Likes

Spider needs a central shaft. Just sayin’