Feckin' Weather

Chesterfield’s finest used car showroom?

1 Like

OH. MY. GOD.

ACHTUNG!

SNOMAGEDDON IN LONDON!

3 Likes

I might not get home!!! :scream:

4 Likes

There were mince pies with more of a dusting less than a month ago.

6 Likes

Sadly true given the panic and stupid driving that a vanishingly small amount of snow seems capable of inducing.

We had what Terry had (unsurprising, since there’s no real distance between us). It’s practically all melted though.

VB

SAVE YOURSELVES

4 Likes

4 Likes

If only

If we get snow like that I will have to get extra internets in and ‘work from home’ :scream:

In fact the supermarkets are open, I might pop out and do some panic buying just in case.

5 Likes

Kids have asked if can they have the day off school tomorrow because there is currently approximately 1mm of snow on the ground :rofl:

4 Likes

What’s good for the goose etc.

You threw a sickie today, so I expect they think they’re owed one :grin:

2 Likes

Out in Wilmslow, a small bit of snow, but quite cold so the rain / snow mix is freezing and bloody slippery.

It’s just misty here. I’m most annoyed there isn’t ten feet of snow.

I actually am in quite considerable pain, currently numbed to some extent with 400mg Ibuprofen 3 times a day, Voltarol gel and gin, but when my back goes into spasm it’s fucking horrendous.

1 Like

Pissing down here, as it has been pretty much all day.

Not the day to find out that your waterproof coat is no longer waterproof :rage: Just looked at replacements, fuck me I had no idea that they’d risen to those prices! Looks like it will be getting washed in Nikwax TX and see how that goes.

Get you misses or even better somebody elses misses to walk on your back.

2 Likes

It’d better be someone else’s, if Claire did it I’d be wheelchair bound.

5 Likes

A fisherman friend of mine told me the trick is to wash a waterproof coat and then put it in a tumble dryer as this is meant to re-align the fibres or something and make it waterproof again. I don’t have a tumble dryer so can’t confirm.

What sort is it?

I’ve got Paramo. Mine has just started leaking and we have been advised to scrub the worst patches and then was in a large commercial washer to get maximum water flow.

You might not have one of those locally.

Then you wash it in the normal washer with special stuff (I’ll ask Jan tomorrow) and then Nickwax.

FFS, it’s only a year old!

1 Like