Fucking trousers

Im 6’5 so not much difference.
I buy 514 Levi’s from Maceys, gave up looking elsewhere years ago.

1 Like

I’m 6’ 2 and 22 stone but my legs are long. My main issue with most clothes is that they’ll rob peter to pay paul. Long legs? your crotch must be 3mm then, fat bastard? well you’ll have to be short to wear this you fuck.
I don;t mind buying off tinternet as i get free returns, the price is reasonable compared to shops and I don;t have to spend hours wandering around looking for that elusive piece of clothing with the right number of x’s on it and then cram myself into a changing room that’s too small for my girth and wriggle my sweaty body out of my clothes and into something that’s probably ill fitting anyway.
being a fat bastard is fucking hard man.

I was forced to ween myself off trousers and I am happy to say it was the best thing I ever did. Now I just wear changing rooms. I have not felt a drop of rain or suffered builders ass for weeks. I can fit through most french doors and thanks to the plush velvet curtain I feel like I’m in my own private peep show.

8 Likes

Everything clothing wise bought off the peg will need some sort of alteration and even then will be unlikely to really fit - from a tailors point of view.

Humans come in a multitude of different shapes and sizes, it simply isn’t possible to cut multiple ideal patterns for different body shapes, for any clothing brand because the production costs would be unsupportable. Couple this with the fact that no one developing off the peg clothing has any real idea anymore about fit and that they are fitting the clothes to improbably skinny boys with a strange shape, is it any wonder that clothes are difficult to buy?

I work in fashion and get to see this first hand. None of our clothes fit anyone and I mean anyone, not even the fit model. It is an absolute fucking joke! :rofl::rofl::rofl: The technical people - usually those that work for the manufacturer-have no real say in how something is adjusted, they have to follow what the designer pins and their instruction.

Ok, I work for a full on fashion brand, where things are utterly twattish but I have done a lot of consultancy work cutting patterns for other, more ‘high street’ brands and have never met a technologist working for any of them that really knows what they are doing. I have met technologically proficient people at the manufacturers end but they have little say really in what happens fit wise, they just have to make sure that what goes down the factory line goes together and avoid hold-ups. Everyone in the clothing industry works to stupid deadlines at which ever level…

4 Likes

All clothes I buy off the peg fit me perfectly

I do realise I have the ideal physique and I do pity others

6 Likes

Good luck with that. Pm me for your eyewateringly expensive solution. :+1:

Do you accept tape in exchange for services rendered?

2 Likes

Barter is my preferred means of hifi procurement. :+1:

I do agree a tailored solution is best, but it doesn’t need to cost the earth. For a rugged look you can just go at dungarees with some scissors. Mine only took 5 mins and I get asked all the time where I got them.

7 Likes

He’ll be moving them on after the happy event though.

VB

R. M. Williams denim and moleskins are the only ones that fit me properly.

Not bad for Oz gear.

1 Like

Denon 103 should sort out a nice two piece. I’ll just start whittling down some Mpingo :slight_smile:

1 Like

My solution is to not eat as much and to push heavy things around in a big room full of other sweaty twats. This has got me from 24.5 stone at the start of the year down to 22 stone as of this morning.
If you have another solution that doesn’t involve surgery or a trip to saville row then i’m all ears. I suspect that any sort of tailored or bespoke clothing is not so much out of my price range as something I’d rather not allocate funds to. I’m just fed up of this skinny trousers trend it looks ridiculous and is uncomfortable and I resent having to participate due to lack of choice.

3 Likes

Good for you re’ the regime, I wasn’t being serious about the solution, just pointing out really that at your size, there is unlikely much you can do about it with shopping. I’m not as big as you (5’11"/15st) but I struggle to buy trousers that are comfortable because I have a big arse. I only wear jeans really.

It would be interesting to see if a mainstream brand like M&S could come up with a more sophisticated fitting system - just have a few more options, and instructions for how to measure yourself.

The challenge would be to have as few options as possible (for financial reasons), but to make a real improvement in fit for many people.

Then you need a nomenclature system that didn’t insult the customer by calling them a “14, pear, extra thick thighs” or something :rofl:

I mostly wear these day to day - sized on the large side and plenty of room for a gentleman’s rear. Several pockets too. OK if you don’t mind the outdoor look.

File under -

I think this would be useful but maybe technology would be better. I have cut a pattern with measures from a scanning machine before and I’m surprised that there isn’t a business that has one of these and a computerised cutting system (Gerber is industry standard these days). You could then order stuff that is made to measure without getting ‘measured’- all of this is technically possible. Even if the results weren’t perfect, they would be better than what is available.

1 Like

I would settle for people in procurement having a clue? 42/34? That must mean you have chicken legs so we will only stock slim fit…