Fucking trousers

42"/34" tells you very little about someone’s figure and is missing the all important seat measure. All trousers are drafted with the seat measure from which a scale is derived. If your pattern starts at 34"/31 (the trs size for a 38 reg-ish suit) and is then graded up to 42"/34" the seat only grows in proportion to the other measures. This doesn’t happen when people get bigger. The seat measure starts getting disproportionate and also the balance of the trousers changes. They can’t procure what doesn’t exist.

1 Like

Perhaps a nice pin stripe on these for sir?

Would Sir like to try a skilt

2 Likes

Same here :+1: been 30w, 34L since I was 16.
Must be strange having a bigger waist than leg measurement :thinking:

Wahhhhh mods mods, I’m being fat shamed :wink:

9 Likes

Could it be that these days you’re the strange one ? I fear the rest of us outnumber you quite comfortably (or uncomfortably).

VB

1 Like

fixt

I wouldn’t worry Ed, 36” legs is impressive, Levi jeans in a 36” leg must be like rocking horse dung, 34” are hard enough to buy in a shop.
TF for online purchases :+1:

You can sometimes find them in shops in a 36x36 :rofl:

Sir would have to be a complete scunt to wear a skilt…

2 Likes

Does that mean square people exist?

Yes they are, you can’t buy them here unless you shop on the internet and pay over the odds.
The market unlike the US isn’t big enough, literally.

my issue is that i have little or no waist my back fat runs straight into the top of my arse cheeks so even though I’m huge my waist is somewhere between 38 and 40 and 40’s slide down when I’m walking.

2 Likes

Is there any indication on the catwalks this sausage skin fad is on the way out?

Use that for your Christmas Roasties :grinning:

2 Likes

Retailers tend to oversize by a few inches, vanity sizing. A retailers 42 is an actual 44 or 46. Meyer are the only ones I find that fit, well made and decent zips and double button and hook. Different cloth weights too, which is nice.

1 Like

I think there is kind of a move to clothes with more volume but it might take a while to trickle down if it does at all. I blame Hedi Slimane and his time at Dior from 2000-ish. Super skinny trousers and bum freezer jackets which have never quite gone away since. Wank. The look is ok on skinny blokes but everyone has a go at it don’t they? The tailoring and jeggings thing on chubby geezers is still going strong :nauseated_face:

American sack suits ftw.

1 Like

I just can’t imaging paying for a bespoke ill fitting suit. I need to schumannate myself now the thought is disrupting my Chi