Gaming PC Advice

Maybe this -

?

1 Like

If there is a shop local to you that you can speak to and will deliver/let you pick up, Iā€™d go that route. Support should be much better if you need it.

Kc computers in burscough have been good for us (not sure how far away they are from you).

All that said, ebuyer and scan are both ok and have physical showrooms you could visit if needed.

1 Like

I personally wouldnā€™t go for a mystery unbranded monitor. Iā€™m not a big fan of the 1TB HDD they are putting in there either. Iā€™d rather push the budget toward a single 512/1TB SSD.

1 Like

Iā€™m definitely not keen on shopping around physically at the moment. Ormskirk is a bit of a PITA for us. Weā€™re in South Liverpool.

That is very useful to know. Thanks.

Monitors are a fucking palaver by the way. So many conflicting options depending on the type of gaming and priorities you have.

1 Like

Timing might be out but their website is good for putting together what you want.

1 Like

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/scan-gamer-rtx-amd-ryzen-7-3700x-16gb-ddr4-6gb-evga-rtx-2060-1tb-ssd-win-10

1 Like

Hi Paul,

I think I ruled them out on delivery lag grounds. That spec. looks decent though.

1 Like

I think this wins it.

1 Like

Yes, role of the dice I think. Iā€™m always guilty of doing that though.

1 Like

Definitely looks good if delivery is ok.

1 Like

Iā€™ve always skirted around delivery issues for older kidsā€™ presents by creating and printing off a certificate or some such bollocks telling them whatā€™s coming :smiley:

3 Likes

Well Scan will do you a faster PC with a larger monitor (still unbranded) and generally better spec for less, but youā€™d need to call them to see if you can get it in time.

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/scan-streamer-amd-ryzen-5-3600-16gb-ddr4-6gb-nvidia-gtx-1660-super-512gb-ssd-1tb-win-10

I think the smallest monitor to get would be 24"

2 Likes

Great to see the budget being fucked. Weā€™ll have you buying a 5 grand, dual 3090 system by the end of the week.

8 Likes

That setup looks good. Iā€™ll need monitor, keyboard, mouse and headset so we are heading towards 2.5-3xOriginal Budget.

1 Like

Ha ha. See my post about 4.7 nanoseconds ago.

1 Like

The Abattoir is nothing if not consistent.

1 Like

Seriously though, that system will last 5+ years.

1 Like

Iā€™ll give them a ring and find out what they can do for peripherals etc.

FoL V2.0 will be 21 in five years time. Hopefully sheā€™ll have moved out by thenā€¦
:lying_face: