Gaming PC Advice

The system I linked comes with all the peripherals you will need. The monitors are AOC as well, so kinda branded.

1 Like

PCs are the best thing ever for specification creep.

3 Likes

Yeah, I was buying one just to have a PC and started thinking I needed the best of everything for gaming but I always get sick of games and in the end didnā€™t go all out. Iā€™m really not a gamer but still wish I had if I look at the specs lol.

1 Like

You wish! :joy:

Edit

Seems genuinely bizarre to have a Ā£4k PC and install Win 10 Home rather than Pro!

Bit late with the troll Simon.

1 Like

Right, youā€™ve made me start to build the parts I bought around June!

Letā€™s go.

3 Likes

So, ready to turn on and look into updating motherboard bios then install Windows (donā€™t really know what Iā€™m doing) and I realise I need batteries for the wireless keyboard and mouse! Ffs.

Just a quick update on where we are at. We tried to order that system from Scan. They need at least 15 working days to get it here so it wonā€™t be available in time. Bollocks.

Overclockers do some nice PCā€™s but they also quote 10 days plus.

1 Like

Aria, been around for years, claim to have PCā€™s ready for next day:

Looks like they are all out of stock though.:rofl:

1 Like

The schadenfreude is strong in this one

If push comes to shove I can get something similar to the Scan system via Amazon. I would rather not use Amazon thoughā€¦

It may be that lockdown will bugger everything up whatever, so Markā€™s ā€œprint out the voucherā€ plan might be the way forward.

This one says 5-6 days, but express for Ā£49.

1 Like

Going to order something via amazon I think given the likelihood of lockdown eroding stocks further.

1 Like

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fierce-RGB-Gaming-PC-Installed/dp/B08NW8V5T8/ref=sr_1_20?dchild=1&keywords=Gaming+pc&qid=1609776121&sr=8-20

In the end I ordered this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MTDIHKQ?pf_rd_r=Y9EPQ1ABKCY8B67QFGFP&pf_rd_p=6e878984-68d5-4fd2-b7b3-7bc79d9c8b60&th=1

It seemed a close enough spec to the scan machine and was only 2.2 times the original budgetā€¦

:grimacing:

2 Likes

Cool. So can we criticise it now youā€™ve actually ordered it?

3 Likes