Gigs I'm going to. The Gyroscope diaries

Yep. Can’t wait…

2 Likes

250 cap venue. Should be good :+1:

1 Like

You going as well Guy ?

I’m not jealous of course.

:thinking:

It’s a bit far east, not the easiest place to get to from mine.

dog-dogs

1 Like

Good gig, despite the lousy venue and despite the fact that realistically they only have two or three songs :laughing:

The strange artefact here :point_down: is an article of somebody’s clothing. It did appear quite busy in the moshpit.

In an odd way I was kind of reminded of Thievery Corporation in that the whole live sound centres on the bass. He really does hold the whole thing together.

2 Likes

Anyhow, tonight it’s off to Kings Place to see Space Afrika, seemingly accompanied by half of Manchester as guest artists, performing the whole of Honest Labour

Allegedly this is the live debut of this album, despite the fact that it has been out for ages.

Hall 1, seated, so it’s probably not a very photogenic event. No moshpit either.

Support is from LA Timpa who apparently does “deconstructed noise-pop that explores themes of love, dissatisfaction, isolation, and mortality”. No moshing for him either I guess.

2 Likes

Well that was remarkable.

I hesitated to buy a ticket, hesitated to go out tonight, but so glad I did

(the tall bald guy is Blackhaine guesting for a section, I’d be wary of calling anything a song or a track)

Sleb spotting: Burial on the front row. Given the nature of the music I’d be surprised if most of the Hyperdub roster weren’t there.

1 Like

You were always going to like him / them.

Quote “This is what Sleaford Mods think they sound like” unquote. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Haha, the unfavourable comparison did actually come to mind during his performance :laughing:

1 Like

This is some line up

2 Likes

Nothing to see here, just Boris playing Vilnius and, err, Settle.

I’m not sure rural Yorkshire will know what hit it.

Pupil Slicer as support, obvs.

A buddy has got in contact to say that his stepson and his mates are coming down to London for the Wireless festival, he is the “responsible adult” and do I fancy doing something (i.e. drinking beer) while the kids are at the gig.

This is all well and good but I had a quick look at the line up and nope, nup, not a clue. Whatever this genre or subculture is, I have no idea.

OK, I’ve heard of 50 Cent.

“Gopuff” sounds like a vape brand, but turns out to be food delivery scooters :man_shrugging:

I’m so out of touch with youngsters music,saying that,listening to my daughters music when I’m in her car,I’m glad. Turgid shite

Everyone is “Lil”.

I’m reminded of B-list hair metal bands in the 80s who were all a single word ending in multiple x’s or z’s. Kixx, Splitz, Cocxx, Turdz.

Nice :ok_hand:

Definitely up for this.

3 Likes

Arse, I’m in Munich for this.

A bit of a first-world problem I guess.

2 Likes

Never mind, the plinky plonky jazz and girl with guitar stuff will more than make up for it… Make sure you video it all for those of us with soundbars.

If not, the beer and pork definitely will!