Gigs I'm going to. The Gyroscope diaries

In the Dorothy Pax, reminiscent of a late 60s cellar club with light show but with much clearer atmosphere.

2 Likes

Gabriels
SWG3, Glasgow
With FOL#2

What a voice, what a performer, wonderful evening

8 Likes

Guy @Gyroscope one for you - from what I’ve seen of them live on youtube it looks an epic night out (take ear plugs :grinning:)

1 Like

I have the green, been wanting to see live for quite some time

I had no idea they were touring tbh, arrived in Glasgow for Uni visit today, searched whats on and it apeared with tickets available on the door.
Blind luck tbh
But they did say it was the first night of the tour…
Manc tonight and tomorrow, then London 25th and 26th

I know , south west not so much. Big smoke gig travel is off the menu at present and for the foreseeable

4 Likes

Saw (British) Sea Power last night at the O2 Academy, Oxford. Very good. :+1:

1 Like

@stu have you seen this? https://pauldraperofficial.com/

If you were up Nottingham way, give me a shout.

1 Like

Yes saw it on his twitter feed.
Might try and get to the Bristol one.

Still have a ticket for attack of the grey lantern tour he did a few years ago but couldn’t make in Bristol

1 Like

Lady Blackbird, Manchester Cathedral, next month

6 Likes

5 Likes

Ryan Adams with a UK tour next April.

Thanks for the heads up , got a ticket for Manchester.

1 Like

I am pretty conflicted over Ryan Adams.
Luckily he is not playing Brighton this time so I don’t need to make a decision.

2 Likes

With you on that but the fact that nothing more has come out about the allegations and he is releasing records and touring again suggests that the investigations are not ongoing. I have heard nothing definitive either way though.
I have started listening to his music again but have not yet bought a ticket for the Newcastle show.
Saw him at The Sage Gateshead during his last tour and he was tremendous.

2 Likes

Going to this tomorrow with @coco

6 Likes

Excellent gig.
The set was the same as the Dylan ‘Judas’ gig at Manchester Free Trade Hall in 1966 (half acoustic half electric)
Stand outs for me were ‘Just Like A Woman’ and ‘Desolation Row’, the gig ended with a triumphant version of ‘Like a Rolling Stone’

7 Likes

I’d have been all over that gig if it was within a reasonable distance. Did you boo when she brought out the electric for the second half?