Gigs I'm going to. The Gyroscope diaries

Just got tickets for African head charge at Exeter in April

3 Likes

Not just attending, but actually performing then.

I’m impressed!

3 Likes

Oh hello, Chester show might be viable

1 Like

Pigsx7 are doing the Lexington (it’s basically the upstairs room of a pub).

I think I’m going to roll the dice with hearing issues and at least try to get tickets. I think they’ll sell out instantly.

2 Likes

Great bandroom at The Lexicon. There is basically a large shelf/small seat all the way around the room so if you are a shortarse you can stand on it and see what is happening. I’ve seen The Heads there on multiple occasions. It can get fairly loud in there to say the least…

1 Like

We saw Big Special in there towards the end of last year.

I’m definitely a “back row bit” kind of guy :+1:

1 Like

With @coco this Saturday

4 Likes

Sorted :+1:

The tickets are on DICE. I bloody love DICE.

1 Like

Told ya.

1 Like

Gaz combes at the phoenix

1 Like

Michael Rother at Barbican last night. Awesome. A master of texture on the electric guitar. This was the second time I’ve seen him and much more impressive in a big space and big system.

4 Likes

James Holden supporting IIRC?

Nice.

1 Like

Correct!

Seeing her at The Stables this week. First time for me without her ex.

Quite a big change in material since the split, for the better I think.
She delves back to some old material n this tour but often with a different approach to the songs.
She was in great voice, a really enjoyable gig.
I am sure you will enjoy it.

We went to see the Kast off Kinks on Friday ( a second time for me). The band comprises Mick Avory (the original drummer) a keyboard player who’d originally played with the band in the 80’s (Come Dancing sort of time) a bassist and the lead singer/guitarist Dave Clarke (not of the DC5) Clarke had quite an interesting musical journey which included being in the Noel Redding band after Redding had quit the JH Experience and spending a fair bit of time touring in the US alongside JJ Cale & Patti Smith. Mick Avory was celebrating having first played with the Kinks 60 years earlier (Feb 1st 1964)

Anyhow, as before this was a great evening with a vast & high quality back catalogue to draw on. I doubt you’d get anything closer to an authentic evening with the Kinks now unless Ray Davies joined in which apparently he occasionally does.

9 Likes

Nice line up for the good folk of Glasgow.

2 Likes

I just saw this after seeing the Rother post above and checking if he was touring. Saw him a good few years ago at Glasgow school of art. Fantastic gig. Then I saw this… :heart_eyes::smile::crazy_face:

2 Likes

It’s only in the cold light of the morning that I’ve realised the significance of the traffic cone :laughing:

1 Like

Wife wants to go now (Mogwai + Glasgow = excellent).

Might see you there :smile:

1 Like