Gigs I'm going to. The Gyroscope diaries

The prices in Edinburgh are insane now. I picked a random date in June +/- 7 days just to check. Only one hotel (2 Star) under £200 and that’s for a Sunday or a weeknight, Fri or Sat are even more expensive.

The Novotel at the bottom is the one we usually stay in. It’s basically smack in the middle of our old stomping ground.

It was some kind of government building that used to stand on that site, with a really iffy pub on the ground floor :laughing:

Have you looked at Airbnb? Last year I was quoted ~a grand for three nights in a hotel for a festival in Antwerp.

Took a punt on a premium (not a room in Sergei the student’s flat) Airbnb and that came in at £300 and it was really, really nice.

1 Like

Yes, a couple of years ago we rented a nice apartment in Dean Village for around £270 a night but that slept four of us. I would go that route again if I was staying for more than a couple of nights. If it’s just Claire and I going to a gig its pretty much a hotel for the night. A lot of Air BnB hosts set a two or three night minimum now.

1 Like

I see Pearl Jam are trending because tickets for their upcoming tour are £160 and upwards.

Get to fcuk you heritage throbbers.

The irony of their association with Ticketmaster doesn’t seem to be lost on anyone either.

Maybe not quite as popular as they would have hoped…

They can take their Vegas ticket pricing and do one…

1 Like

Jasmine Myra promoting new album at the Brudenell, Leeds Weds May 1st.
£15.15 inc. booking fee - excellent value. Support is pianist Simeon Walker, also good.

Tour list on her website
https://jasminemyra.com/

4 Likes

Tom Jones and Pink can’t be bad for a tenner if you’re local

4 Likes

Not been to a gig in 5 years. Must try and make one this year

No thanks!!

1 Like

Tom is pinker than Pink

1 Like

I’m holding out for the Mantovani / Nicki Minaj tribute combo.

2 Likes

:skull: :skull_and_crossbones: :metal: :skull_and_crossbones: :skull:

1 Like

Lack of Afro, highly recommend if you haven’t heard of him.

Haven’t been to the Joiners in ages, one of my favourite places for gigs.

1 Like

African head charge at the phoenix…

For the joiners

Aw man, cancelled!
I’ve asked for a bottle of 15 yr old Macallan instead.
Fat fucking chance.

X.

December 8. Electric Ballroom, just the 1 UK date.
Announced yesterday, 24/2.

@Gyroscope

1 Like

Fark! Thank you.

Also 24th and 25th of January for the home games at AB.

1 Like

Might try to go with @Ruprecht to see him in Exeter. Matt knows him quite well & I supplied him an A10 & some Hecos for his studio a few years back.

2 Likes