Golf (aka, how to dress like a nonce)

Enjoyed that.
Course looked lovely as always but a lack of blooms.

Glad he won but it was very dull - I went to bed straight after he hit the green on 12.

First 18 holes yesterday since mid Jan last year. Was the April medal. Didn’t have much expectations, but ended up 2 over me handicap. The quad bogey did most of the damage.

Qualify for the senior section today. Feels weird that does. Got a sort of old feeling going on.

1 Like

Happy Birthday Mark.

2 Likes

Happy Birthday you grumpy old codger. Next stop is trousers with elasticated waistbands.

1 Like

Cheers both. My hip has been giving me gip this last week. And my knee, and my neck. The bald bit on top of me head is getting closer to the front.
Got meself a repeat prescription for statins recently.

Definitely on the slippery slope. No point in fighting it I suppose. Shall embrace it.

3 Likes

Happy Birthday Mark :beers:

2 Likes

Many happy returns Mark.:+1:

The PGA golf was good yesterday with Matt Fitzpatrick beating Jordan Speith in a playoff.
Made more satisfying by the gormless Yank crowd chanting ‘USA, USA’ like it was the Ryder Cup.:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Happy birthday :birthday:

Many Happy Returns

Welcome to the old gits club!

1 Like

2 over in a medal is good going!
Happy Birthday Mark

1 Like

It was all going so well on the back nine. Started par birdie par. Then there was an 8 that brought me back down to earth a little bit.
Bloody happy to be out and play tbh.

2 Likes

Happy birthday :partying_face:

1 Like

Spraying balls to the four corners at Hadden Hill GC today…

4 Likes

Mate who has just been made ceo of his firm and has cheap away membership of Deal is playing Open Qualifying tomorrow. I am rarely jealous of other people, but.

1 Like

He has to be a very good player to be playing an open qualifier.

He is quite annoyingly good. Gone down from 4 to 0 in the 6 years I have known him. His brother, who is caddying for him, is still stuck on 4. What a loser.

He ended up +11. Needed at least +2 to get through. Must have been a bloody good experience.

What course was it held at?