Golf (aka, how to dress like a nonce)

3 Likes

Amazing win by McIlroy in the Fed Ex.
I would imagine his caddie is a very happy man with 10% of $18m

2 Likes

They do that skipping across the water thing every year at the Masters during the Par 3 comp the day before the tournament proper starts.

Hole in one is rare though!

Although not that rare, I got my first today, received loads of congratulations and a hefty bar bill!

10 Likes

Congrats Kev :beers:

1 Like

Went to the driving range on Saturday. First time I have hit some balls since Jan '22 I think.
Hitting the balls went alright. Not brilliant, but alright.
Could hardly move on Sunday. Everything hurt.

Joining local 9 holer just at first. Everywhere else round here is pretty much full.

Think I am eligible to join senior section next month. Yay.

1 Like

Thought you were a member of a club?

Seniors golf is very good.

The upside is that you get to play some nice courses for free and only pay about £20 for a two course lunch which is a cheap day out
The downside is that you have to put up with daft dress codes and the occasional sexist racist Brexit voting cunt.

1 Like

Was but stopped last year. Felt rough all year with the covids, and bloke I joined that club with is a Daily Mail reader.

So new things for the new year. Bit more practice and see how far I can get handicap down. Drifted up to 13.4 on the EG app.

You’re being a bit hard on yourself there, you didn’t vote for brexit.

3 Likes

Bar prices at new golf club.

Well i say bar, but it is more of a large shed with some loos and a small kitchen. Can’t complain about them prices though.

2 Likes

I take it you’re not at Augusta then :man_shrugging:

Augusta is cheap!
No food item is more than $3

Even muffins are affordable :grinning:

3 Likes

9 hole course 10 minutes down the road.
Quite enjoying it so far.

1 Like

It’s food prices where poor people will never get to eat.

1 Like

True enough but the same goes for any Premiere League match, Wimbledon, Silverstone, Lords, The Open or anywhere else a poor person couldn’t afford to go to.
At least at the Masters they pay through the nose for a ticket not for the catering.

(Parking is also free at Augusta))

And the House of Commons.

Great win by John Rahm
Two LIV players came equal second which will make for some debate!

At least LIV didn’t win. Great round by Rahm but was a pretty boring final nine, he just had to play it safe and not loose it.