Hand Egg Ball(ocks)

Just watched that game through with some relief at not going 0-4!

Raiders managed to work the much lauded Broncos DF on pass and run, couldn’t have wished for a better team to break your duck against :fist:

1 Like

49ers 24 - Rams 9 . . .

Niners dominant on both sides of the ball. Defence was able to take advantage of a beat up Rams offensive line and pressure Stafford all night, no TDs or plays over 20 yards for the vaunted Rams offence. Jimmy G came back with a great game after a very poor outing against the Broncos. Deebo was Deebo, check out the highlight reel TD he scored.

2 Likes

Deebo was simply amazing. The niners dominated the whole game, as you say, and the score did not flatter them at all. The Rams were just limp. It’ll be interesting to see how this division progresses through the season, could be really close.

Chiefs and Bills looking like the teams to beat to me.

1 Like

I watched the highlights of the Thursday night game
Broncos v Colts
That is an hour of my life I won’t get back

1 Like

I recorded it and watched it yesterday. Let’s just say that the fast forward functionality was well utilised.

1 Like

T’was horrible viewing.
The Broncos traded 3 players, 2 first round, 2 second round, and 1 fifth round draft picks to get Russell Wilson :rofl: The late interception he threw that pretty much sealed Denver’s fate was shockingly poor on his part

All you can hope is that he will find a couple of receivers that he can work well with. I think that the whole “great QB” thing is actually mostly an illusion, and in fact it’s all about having receivers that (a) are great, and (b) work well with the QB. Wilson had this with Lockett and Metcalf, and I think it takes time. Whether the team, or the QB, have this time is perhaps debatable.

The O Line have a bit to do with it as well, Wilson has been sacked 16 times so far this seson

1 Like

Denver’s defence have kept them in games this year, the entire offence has been poor. My point was the Broncos traded away their future for one player. Wilson has a powerful arm and is great running the ball, but I’ve always questioned his judgement. That interception I mentioned is a prime example, he threw blind into coverage, there wasn’t a receiver anywhere near that ball.
Because of the success Tampa had with Brady and LA with Stafford, lots of teams are now looking for that star QB to parachute in

Apart from when it’s clearly not and you’ve got someone like Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Jackson etc.

However for the mere averagely talented QBs that the rest of the league have, then yes you need a good combo of OL protection, targets to aim who get separation, and good play design/ calling.

I can’t stand Denver and love the fact they’ve gone through QBs like a teenage boy does a box of tissues, since their beloved big face Elway (who has proved he can’t spot talent either!).

That’s why they’ve got so desperate and traded away loads of value to get Wilson who I’m afraid ain’t gonna transform that Denver offense in a hurry. He’s not in that elite group of game changing QBs but they’ve paid the price for one and got him instead :joy:

Giants v Packers has been excellent
Rodgers with 2 minutes to go!

Giants hold!!!

Great win for the Giants and a great game!

2 Likes

Yeah I was pleased with that result. Great game too.

Nice win for the Niners.
Cowboys continue to impress

Another convincing Niners win today. Defence wasn’t as dominant as they were against the Rams, but they were good when it counted. Nick Bosa left the game with an injury, hopefully he’s not out too long.

Buffalo were very impressive again today. As a fan of the game they are fun to watch, so good on both sides of the ball.

Miami are toast. The fish got squished today by a pretty rotten Jets side. Hard to see them staying in playoff contention waiting for Tua to return

Hopefully not toast and get it together soon. Got a soft spot for the fins.

That opening TD from the Bills from their own 2 yard line!!!