Hell in a hand cart

Any for m of ‘listing’ on a building would immediately have me looking elsewhere, this thread only enforces that feeling.

It also enforces the feeling that human cuntery is boundless. WTF is wrong with secondary glazing that only the owners will see or be impacted by? Twats of the highest calibre on a little power trip - or Maureen has pissed them off in some way, shape or form. Which to be fair he can do just by existing.

1 Like

I expect you could configure IFTTT or MS flow to email you on significant change. :+1::grin::grin::grin:

My friends with a grade 2 listed place that they have significantly done up made a very conscious decision to establish a really good relationship with the listing assessor or whatever you call them. I don’t think it quite got to carnal, but they were very generous with nice booze, and extraordinarily flattering when the assessor pontificated.

They now have nice thick secondary glazing.

Good to see that corruption is rife everywhere & not just in Parliament :smile:

9 Likes

Only secondary glazing on a Gr2? A lot of planners will allow actual double glazing as long as the original frame patterns are followed, useful if you have sash windows with working shutters.

1 Like

It’s a very busy road, and secondary is better for soundproofing

1 Like

I thought the rules may have changed so checked with HE today despite them stating that there is a global crisis regarding climate change they were adamant that any pre mid 19th C windows should be retained and restored or if absolutely necessary replaced with exact copies of originals. Their suggestion for draught proofing was fit heavy curtains over secondary glazing. It is also worth bearing in mind that once the property has been surveyed by them they can insist on retrospective fittment of removed features such as new windows. They will state that retaining originals will maintain the original functionality of a property and that the carbon footprint of restoring or replacing with exact copies is less than that of fitting efficient modern replacements even if of the same style.

Those COP26 resolutions in full.

Courtesy of the Secret Tory

9 Likes
3 Likes

8 Likes

Christ! Thought that was @MGOwner for mo!

Then I realised he looked too young…

5 Likes

Beer in glass insufficiently cloudy for it to be @MGOwner

2 Likes

I hate you lot. To. Death. :rage:

6 Likes

I refuse to be cheered up by the thoughts of your invective heading in my direction.

1 Like

and is smiling.

6 Likes

And you.

3 Likes

Seems we’ve had at least 110 years warning…

4 Likes

19021015_Hint_to_Coal_Consumers_-Svante_Arrhenius-The_Selma_Morning_Times-_Global_warming

120…

From here

Runaway greenhouse effect - Wikipedia.

4 Likes

Well this cretin thinks he has sussed the “problem” with clean air initiatives

8 Likes

The BBC have a track record of broadcasting interviews with idiots. Hundreds of them went out during the Brexit debate. There seems to be an unending supply of idiots, they still get to vote😱

1 Like