Hey - You, don't digitize my Foo MFSL

6 Likes

Ouch, 2020

2 Likes

Oof if that’s genuine and how their customer service have been clarifying source to enquiries then that is flat out lie vs just a marketing omission.

And it was such a good year apart from that.

I’m sure their legal team would argue that the recording of the master tape is not part of the cutting process etc.

I read it as entirely cynical on their part, price gauging a community while using marketing language to create a deception. They knew exactly what they were doing from the outset.

Fuck 'em, cunts.

It’s gonna take one litigious yank + one competent lawyer to shut that business down I suspect.

Piss-poor what they’ve done, but more to be lost than gained right now…

1 Like

I notice that the pre-order page has been amended to say -

Source: 1/2" / 30 IPS analog master to DSD 256

:smirk:

Chad lays the boot in

1 Like

Chad’s a great salesman and enthusiast for his products which he quite rightfully focused upon rather than talking about the competition.

But none of what he said about sources (tape and digital) and the transparency on how these were used reflects well on Mofi at all.

Two things that really landed with me

1. He talked with real passion about pounding the table to get the tapes from labels
  2. He made sure he recognised and thanked his employees at the end

If I could choose one company to remaster and press my dream selection of albums it would be AP.

Absolutely - Boot in

Anal Prod would be up there but no where near ERC.
https://electricrecordingco.com/

It’s Chad a good guy in all this, should I like Chad?

1 Like

£50 compared to £400 though.

I should have added ‘affordable’ to my choice criteria :smile:

Yes, he is interested in one of your plinths.

1 Like

Also, the AP catalogue has been more consistent from what I’ve heard and bought in terms of overall EQ and mastering than Mofi. Some of those smiley face EQs Mofi have released are just horrible (and Chad made subtle reference to that I think…)

I guess my collecting disability just puked onforum again.
I could do away with 15 standard records I’m never going to miss for a really nice copy of something I love. Should I ever tire of it I would sell it on and buy two more ERC’s with the proceeds.
I rather wish I had gripped one of these for £300:

*Caveat, not all the ERC’s sound astounding either - They release rare recordings, some of which were’;nt great from the get go or the tapes have lessened with time?

1 Like

Problem is that they’re way too nice to actually play.

I’d probably rip them to DSD. :grinning: :rofl:

2 Likes

A lot of the Fanboi’s put them onto tape. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

:clown_face:

2 Likes

… which the Chord Hugo I loaned you will then dutifully convert to PCM before decoding :woozy_face:.

2 Likes