Holidays

Great, thank you.

A week at Mawgan Porth for us starts today.

21 Likes

YES!

1 Like

Lincoln tonight

1 Like

As they say,

Get in the sea!

2 Likes

It was the nearest city to where I was brought up and I visited quite a bit, as a choirboy to sing in the cathedral and also to visit John Birkett’s legendary (mostly military surplus) electronics shop.

But it was only recently that I found out about this battle which, it’s been argued, is the reason England didn’t become just another part of France. It was quite a close-run thing.

1 Like

Nice view from the balcony

4 Likes

I’ve just come across from the UK Vintage Radio Repair forum so just for a moment I was wondering what sort of a spiritualist and clairvoyant also has a sideline in TVs and radios …

2 Likes

Southwold in the morning. Might have mentioned that before. Be nice to have a few days off. Don’t plan to do much.

3 Likes

Nice. Used to go there, quite often. Lots of good food, and a great wine shop, and the brewery.
Walberswick is nice as well, and a little further along, Thorpness.
Enjoy

1 Like

Great pub at Walberswick. We’ve been to Southwold a few times just talking about going back. The Swan in Southwold is a great place to stay- lovely restaurant

Is also a great word to say after a visit to the brewery :+1:

An evening walk down to the beach.

We’re pretty much just chilling this week and not doing too much. Trouble is I’m finding that exhausting. With the sun coming in through the windows I have to get up and do something or else I’ll just fall asleep in the chair. This is frowned upon.

6 Likes

If you need to sleep, sleep or you’ll pay later.

1 Like

Ftfy

2 Likes

It’s a Covid recovery strategy

1 Like

Our last night in Mawgan Porth

15 Likes

Perfectly timed picture!

1 Like

We are flying from Manchester on Sunday morning, staying at an airport hotel overnight. Any recommendations for a half decent place to eat reasonably close to the airport? Not looking for anywhere too fancy.

I would’ve recommended Runcorn until that

2 Likes