Holidays

Did you enjoy the M5? My car decided that it was better to take a brief diversion through some back roads in bits of Brizzle like St Werbughs and Clifton than stay on it this afternoon.

No, The M5 is shit. we had a lovely drive down the A49/A40 and then we hit that fucking pile of Shite. And to cap it off we had to stop at Bridgewater services which has to be the shittiest stop in the country, even worse than Gordano.

And Claires car has developed squeaky suspension. so i suspect new bushes when we get home.

Brixham is rammed too, but buzzing with a really good vibe.

2 Likes

Up that Norfolk

18 Likes

I had a lesson once about the way of the oyster & how to eat them and it was to do with using your tongue to separate the gelatinous part & swallowing that then properly eating the chewy, meaty part.

Worked for me & less grievous than your FoL’s technique which appears to need a nearby bucket.

3 Likes

Old Hunstanton sort of area?

Bit further around. Between Bacton and Happisburgh

1 Like

How the hell did that ever become Hayesborough?

1 Like

When St John Cholmondesly-Warner moved there :+1:

2 Likes

Most of which is on Zap Map as “here be dragons”?

1 Like

Yeah there a “50kW” in North Waltham that never gets above 30kW which is fine for topping up between times. But the new Norwich supercharger is open and there’s Kings Lynn supercharger if needed for the journey home.

Still a typical teenager though, in any situation first thing to reach for is the mobile phone. Doesn’t matter if you’re about to barf your guts up, grab that phone :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Sandworthy beach, if you are the sort of parent where everything needs to have a shoehorned educational side the geology is quite interesting.

7 Likes

Well back home now :frowning:.

We’ve had a terrific time in Devon, even with heat :grinning:, bloody sun etc….

Amy and her choice of travel sweets….

The house where Donna’s Dad was born in 1931, somewhere in Ideford, don’t ask me to find it again, Jesus wept……felt like Indiana Jones….

We are going to buy it, and give Grand Designs a call.

Sam and I on expensive (to us and also loaned to us, not ours!) mountain bikes, absolutely amazing things, stuffs moved on from my 30 year old Specialized Rock Hopper!

11 Likes

Still ace bikes

1 Like

Long abandoned mine near Morton Hampstead, you could still see remains of where machinery was mounted, chimney stacks and such like.

We did boating at Spitchwick.

4 Likes

Looks like a great time had by all.

1 Like

We did the beach thing, sort of Slapton Sands.

5 Likes

Me three. They must have sold those things by the boat load!

1 Like

I’m going to sound like a distant relative but…bugger me, those kids have grown :flushed:

3 Likes

Yeah…… Sam is taller than me now (15), Amy is as tall as Donna (12).

3 Likes