Holidays

Helmets?

Just to confirm, that’s a question, not an observation.

2 Likes

That’s a bit harsh!

4 Likes

Yeah we had helmets, this was just posed before we set off👍

2 Likes

Staying over with a mate in Munich.

Local newspaper sad compensation face.

Trying a bit harder to smile, still not really succeeding. Badly overdid it last night, so that really wasn’t helping.

13 Likes

We need to see pictures of last night then. Also beer is good but pork products even better.

Sorry, this was just before the Weißwurst arrived.

Last night was full Schweinhaxn.

Not a vegetable in sight :man_facepalming:

All is now forgiven. Although jealous as I could do with an overseas break. Current focus though is getting some old debts cleared and then a long haul trip late next year.

Anyone at the seaside this week?

BBC News - Sewage hits nearly 50 beaches in England and Wales after heavy rain

We need brown flags, and we need them NOW !

4 Likes

Off to Newquay tomorrow, next leg of the SWCP from Padstow to just outside St Ives. Camping in Newquay as a base so hoping the change in weather and sewage means it’s a little quieter…

4 Likes

looking forward to a couple of days away exploring the Roseland Peninsula tomorrow.

Was toying with this for tomorrow night but probably ate enough ribs at & after Lopwell to last a year :grinning:

2 Likes

That’s a hard stretch. Plenty of up & down but some nice beaches along the way. Holywell is a favourite of ours.

1 Like

Yep, the stretch before from Clovelly to Padstow was supposed to be the hardest, were staying in one place which should make it easier though.

1 Like

Most of the SWCP looks fairly easy on a map!

4 nights here

AirBnB just east of Horncastle in the Lincs Wolds. Mostly for a family get-together to celebrate my cousin’s 60th this weekend. He’s had even more hospital than me this year - triple bypass back in Jan. The break is also a good test of the wrist and of the SAH symptoms away from home. So far they’re holding up quite well, which bodes well for Settle, although I’ll still need to sort transport (fingers crossed trains will be an option).

6 Likes

Leave it ALONE!

You know what happened last time…

5 Likes

Other wrist.

1 Like

Lol ! Respect.

In the car park, there’s a good man👍

2 Likes

Can we have an ambulance on standby?