Holidays

Barcelona. View from rooftop of Eurostars hotel at the port.

12 Likes

Aside from much cheaper fuel & generally low beer & food costs in Croatia I can’t say I noticed anyone being particularly inconvenienced by the war in Ukraine. Yet here it’s apparently to blame for everything. Funny that.

8 Likes

It is mainly as cruise ships disembark and literally flood the place with landlubbers. The prices even in the centre are remarkably cheap all things considered.

A pair of coffees was circa £3 and a couple of pints on the wall was about £11.

We are just north of Dubrovnik and now the weather looks like holding will get a water taxi down to our old stomping ground Cavtat tomorrow.

Via a jewllery shop for wife birthday reasons…

6 Likes

Just managed to get tickets for the colosseum with an underground tour. They seem to sell out quickly. Should be nice that. A bit of underground tour.
Half term Rome holidays. Gonna be nice.

5 Likes

Let’s see how this works out.

5 Likes

view for a stu

Where am I ?

4 Likes

Bank of England?

15 Likes

Dagenham?

1 Like

Immingham?

Efes

1 Like

You must be quite close to the wonderful toilet there, where there are holes in the stone you shit through, and the Romans diverted the river under it. Taking a dump was a social event in Ephesus!

You’re going to need a bigger bottle.

1 Like

4 Likes

That’s the one! When you were social on the shitter, rather than on social media.

1 Like

Wearing shorts after such a posture is a real giveaway. The red elbow pressure marks just above the knee and everyone knows what you’ve been doing.

2 Likes

Not off to a great start here - we expected the shitawful weather, but not the owners’ of our accommodation not providing the key code, and ghosting phone calls &c. Resulted in us sitting around for nearly two hours attempting to find some way to communicate with them…

Going to be VERY ‘interesting’ reversing the truck back up the very narrow, winding, hilly and rock-begirt that leads here, too, but I did at least know that!

First time I’ve ever rented a ‘dog-friendly cottage’ that is exclusively furnished with pale cream coloured fabric sofas rather than the more usual cheap leather Chesterfields from the recycling centre… Gonna be a fucking nightmare keeping the damn dogs off 'em.

Oh well, at least there’s no food in the place cos we forgot that… Can’t pretend it won’t do this particular fat cunt good mind!

9 Likes

Jaysus, just give Mick a call and he’ll tell you it’s too late, but go to the Black Swan for peanuts and beer.
Glad to help :hugs:

1 Like

Nah, I’m totally fucked now, I’ve got a dental abscess trying to eat its way out of the side of my face (literally), and haven’t had more than a few hours sleep in years, so the thought of wrangling our thuggish, retarded dogs up to a rammed-full pub full of assorted off-lead dogs who Max will be certain are about to try to kill him is WAY beyond my idea of fun right now… I’ll wait for a quiet Monday night.

1 Like

Temporary Local:

Painfully-dim dog / very nice pint:

“Where’s the fat-cunt gone?” (round, obvs):

Starv’d fuckwit:

Some bridge or other…

Surprisingly warm:

blah-blah:

8 Likes