Recently vacated pub on the right:

18 Likes

“Here be squirrels…”

Over 400 steps to this point -

Autumn to the max -

Seem to pass the bridge on every walk at some point -

In’t woods in’t sun, like…

Liberties being taken…

Cute, if f’kin annoying at times (dog, obvs, I’m annoying all of the time…)…

15 Likes

Those steps are fecking brutal. Mick and Mrs Mick made me do them with the promise of a pub at the end

3 Likes

Until we did them today I did wonder why he usually does the scarce 2 miles between the Black Swan and his home in a car…

Now I know! :joy:

2 Likes

Down is bad enough. Could you just imagine the return journey :flushed:

Local knowledge :nerd_face:

I don’t have to imagine it - we did the climb up today, felt like we’d earned our pints, and then some!

3 Likes

Cracker of a day - met @mickbald and Jan (+ Basil & Bandit of course) at the Black Swan in Jackfield for lunch and a few pints, then a potter up to Broseley via some charming ‘dingles’ (narrow, wooded, steep-sided and more-or-less dry valleys)…

…and by potter, I mean staggering uphill for approximately 12 years, panting like a steam train and sweating like a priest in an orphanage…

…and that was the easy route… Luckily the Duke of York in Broseley was standing-by with a few more pints of rehydrating fluids, before we pottered the last-leg to Mick & Jan’s place for a final (not final) pint and a chance for all four dogs to get to know one-another better - which mainly involved Max growling menacingly at two amiable, well-behaved, but confused collies, while Tara batted-around like an absolutely mad bastard trying to wind all three up!

Turns-out Jan’s measures of gin are possibly even more massive than Sam’s, so the long, slippery walk downhill in the fast-growing dusk involved steering two fuckwit dogs while part-carrying an incoherently cheerful Sam - once I retrieved her from the undergrowth …

Some stumbling later and we were back ‘home’ - and the only possible way to round-off an afternoon like that - more beer in the Black Swan…

It’s been a wet day… :ok_hand:

21 Likes

Hope Jan saved you some cask gin :woman_shrugging::grin:

2 Likes

It certainly was.

1 Like

Great afternoon. We all really enjoyed it.

1 Like

11 Likes

Newhaven looking particularly fine today

1 Like

Beaches looking a tad small.

Canny swimming pool tho’

3 Likes

The weather was pretty iffy yesterday, but it’s an outstanding morning down on the Scheldt today.

Strangely I seem to have no obvious ill effects from walking back from the gig venue at 2am.

7 Likes

Mandatory Brabo.

7 Likes

The wife’s just booked some expensive all in family jaunt to Gran Canaria next year.
I lament the watches and hifi I could have bought with that money.

1 Like

We’re you not involved in this decision?

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like