Holidays

Yay! :heart_eyes:

I meant meatmen in shorts, not the Helsinki locals. :wink:

1 Like

I shall be taking shorts, with check socks and some sandles.

That’s great. I went to Palermo a few years ago and was pretty disappointed. This looks much more interesting, and some good surrounding scenery. I’ll try and go there and Taormino in another trip to give Sicily a chance to redeem itself!

1 Like

In the 80’s and early 90’s I went to a couple of meetings in Erice. They were great, but perhaps because they were being organised by ‘the right people’. Around the time of the second trip rather too many investigators from the mainland were coming to sticky ends and after that the character of the place may have changed …

VB

Sicily is one of most enjoyable holidays I’ve had.

We stayed in a tiny place called Gioiosa Marea on the North of the island in a Hotel that was a bit shabby but turned out to be brilliant. The food was exceptional and the staff and fellow Italian guests were great.

We just explored about the local area including Cefalu, which is lovely, as was our day trip to Lipari and a boat trip around Stromboli.

If I ever win the lottery I would quite happily move there.

1 Like

Spent a couple of decent holidays in and around Taormina. Fab place.
Now, if we head down that way we never get across the Straits of Messina. Narelle’s cousins live in Calabria and the hospitality is too good to miss :+1:

2 Likes

I’ve just got back from Taormina. Nice place. I bet it gets busy in high season. Driving the car up to the top was an adventure. It was a lot more pricey than Noto and Ragusa. I expected that in fairness.

1 Like

Looks like we’ve drawn the short straw again :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Looks popular :wink:

1 Like

Fucks’ sake

2 Likes

My people cleared the area for my visit?

The azimuth of the sea is well off.

1 Like

Or, maybe they knew you were coming?

1 Like

:thinking:

looks like they took away all the soft sand - is that a faux beach made of concrete?

Looks shit, I’d complain if I were you

1 Like

Yes that’s right :grinning: shoulda gone to Specsavers.
They are at this moment raking the concrete :joy:

looks sunny - where are you?

We all need an occasional break Tink :face_with_raised_eyebrow: You should have learned a trade, the money’s quite good :point_up:

1 Like