Holidays

Lots of stuff to do in Stockholm, I absolutely loved it when I worked out there.

Old town (Gamla Stan) is cool.

Vasa museum is worth a visit.

Lots of fantastic restaurants (Just look in guide books) and general sightseeing stuff

You can take a boat trip out to the archipelago and visit some islands.

Waterfront down by the grand hotel is nice and across the water from the Royal Palace.

Booze is fantastically expensive and hard stuff only available from the govt. booze shops (Systembolaget) - supermarkets only sell light to medium strength beer.

1 Like

Agree booze in bars is eye watering but the official stores was manageable.

The Vasa museum is certainly worth a visit.

Cheers, I’ll check that lot out. I can see a Vasa plinth in the making, I’m sure they wont miss a couple of square feet :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Fuck me, the hooch is stonkingly teetotal in price. Luckily red wine appears cheap in restaurants at around a tenner a bottle for house red.

It was £6/pint when I was out there in 2000. Not been recently, but I expect close to £10

Wine it is, either that or I hook up with some nice private industry PR types and abuse their corporate cards :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hip flask?

1 Like

In Sicily this week.

Staying near Noto in a lovely hotel (£50 a night). Its out of season but it’s 20C and nice and quiet. Prices are reasonable. Good local food & wine. Lots to see and do.

Day trip to Ragusa yesterday.

14 Likes

thanks for pics , must put that on the list to visit

That looks like an interesting place. What inspired you to go there, out of all of Sicily?

A very mundane reason, 3 flights cost a total of £168 including a large bag with easy jet.

Nice. Will look in to that for a weekend away. We have gone for Palma for our Easter break as it was cheapish.

1 Like

The time of year made it cheaper. Cooler and a bit cloudy today.

I also thought that as Sicily is perhaps the poorest region it would be cheaper. A half decent pizza in a cafe is 5 euros. Half litre of house white was 5 euro last night in a nice restaurant in Noto. It was perfectly drinkable. It’s nice not to get ripped off.

A hire car is perhaps necessary. But, that was very reasonable in cost. The driving is ok, they sort of know what they’re doing.

Off to Helsinki on Thursday for a week, hope it’s not too cold.

3 Likes

In March? It’ll be fucking freezing :cold_face:

Shorts weather…

1 Like

Balmy…

Barmy…

Last time I went to Helsinki it was mid-June and it was absolutely feckin’ freezing. Also it never really got dark so I was forced to stay up all night drinking. I never slept in the 3 days I was there. The hangover and jetlag when I got back to Oz was ferocious. I’ve been too scared to go back there again.

3 Likes

I would like to go right here. Aeroplanes, sunshine, booze, swimming pool and…