Horace's continuing history of self immolating amplifiers

Used value is all you’ll get, as that’s your loss

Fair enough.

Tricky bastards, insurance folk…

Do read the small print. At least one major carrier simply excludes ‘Amplifiers’ from cover for damage. Others exclude fragile items which, as far as I can tell, means anything that it’s possible for them to damage. If it ends up damaged it was, by definition, fragile and so is not covered. To be fair, the more you pay the less this sort of thing is tried on.

VB

Transglobal Express are looking good at the moment. Exclusions don’t appear to apply and the insurance premium is £36 on top of the carriage cost - about £75 all in.

I have the original double box, though am tempted to add a third (with foam chips). It will increase the size and weight (and cost), but posting anything anywhere fills me with dread as it is.

1 Like

Do photo it in the original box,and if you add another.

1 Like

I reckon flying with it yourself would be cheaper, and you could have a stroll around the city as well

I’d love to see Copenhagen.

I hear it’s wonderful

3 Likes

It is lovely. Cheap to get there but fucking expensive once you arrive.

Soooooo, cheap flight, deliver amp, quick lunch, depart at speed, wait until they fix it, they send it back at cost. Jobs a goodun.

2 Likes

Cheaper to buy a new amp than have lunch there (almost). Plus, as it is already broken, I would strongly advise mailing it for repair and picking it up when it is ready (bring yer own cut lunch though).

Ahhhhh. It’s been a long time since I was there :blush:

Me too. I’m saving up for the next visit :slight_frown:

Last time I went was on my way to Sweden. You end up having to deal with all three of the EU’s non-Euro currencies in one day. On the way back we stayed for a night with a school friend of Mrs VB’s who married a Dane and now lives there. So at least the B&B was free. But otherwise it can be a bit pricey.

VB

Of course, once we have been excreted from the EU we won’t have to worry about any of this, because nobody will be able to afford to travel more than 5 miles from where they live.

It’ll save us all a fortune in passport costs.

Skegness is quite nice, I am told. *

• A lie - nobody ever said this.

Yep, Skeggy is a shithole, I had to go to a previous in-laws caravan there for holidays :rage:

Still, days at Gibraltar Point were great for birding. Every black cloud and all that…

But, but, that’s the whole point !!!

It was nice once. Not just ‘quite nice’ - it was completely nice. Then people found out about Europe and went to where it’s warm and cheap for their hols instead. But soon they won’t be able to afford that and the result will be the resurgence of Skeg, phoenix-like, from its current depressed state. We were the envy of the world once and we can be again !

VB

3 Likes

Is that Jason King in the middle of the picture?

Our family went to Skegness Butlins when I was about 8 :+1:

It’s got a monorail and shit. I’m there :thumbsup: