Horsing around (bankruptcy watch)

Brownies is just petty theft, in Guides they progress to fraud and extortion. Air Cadets was learning how to game the MoD procurement process.

3 Likes

We all know you have been.
You wil take a bit longer to accept it.

2 Likes

Does it involve glue factories?

2 Likes

Then it will be

Different reins
Saddle pad
Lightweight coat
Waterproof coat
Stable rug
Sweat rug
Cleaning potions
Cleaning brushes, hundreds of them
Different hay because they are fussy
Farrier
Hoof oil

This is a never ending list, there is as much Foo for horses as there is for HiFi.

3 Likes

Cost us probably £8K or so a year all in. More if you include all the £10 this and that’s along the way.

2 Likes

Ha! Good luck with a saddle for that price.
Top tip… Find out when Lidl / Aldi get their horsey stuff in for the middle aisle and get there for opening time. Leave it an hour later and you’ll be looking at an empty aisle

1 Like

Think of the number of blankets you think a horse would need, then double it and double it again. Only then will you realise you’ve underestimated by a factor of (insert number here).
And insurance… Vet insurance, rider insurance. Membership of BHA. Subscription to Nag and Dog.

I think you have missed off the horsey set Range Rover.

Get a cart, and bring your system to lopwell :+1:

3 Likes

Any plan to actually raise some money by renting the nag out to other girls ? It’s quite good-looking I suppose. Any prospect of a media career for it (Dobbin wouldn’t holiday anywhere other than CenterParcs/drink any other lager than Stella/use any other incontinence products than Boots …) ?

2 Likes

We’re probably getting a used one from:

They fit them and let you trial 2 of them at a time.

1 Like

When they’re both at uni it might go on partial loan. FoL#2 is thinking about Liverpool so might stay at home rather than renting.

Tescos have their horsey stuff in the freezer aisle I believe…

5 Likes

Pony Bolognese :+1:

1 Like

Today:

Lunge line (pink): £10

Foo food: £30.20

2 Likes

Isn’t that what you might eat*?

*Asking in an East End accent.

I’d just budget £100 a day for running costs as a minimum. Then add the extras.

You could have a nice Porsche for that kind of money. :grinning:

4 Likes

The only porker I’m likely to be able to justify at this point is a fucking diesel Cayenne. A really, really cheap one, 20th hand. With a tow bar.

We pay £75 per month dog insurance, I hate to think how much it costs for a horse.