Horsing around (bankruptcy watch)

:rofl:

less :grin:

1 Like

£45pm for medical cover up to £5k per illness/injury and public liability upto £2m. They already have rider insurance @£3pm each.

Once they have all the kit, we’re only paying for the insurance, inoculations, farrier and maybe some odd bits of stuff. The girls are going to cover livery, food, and any other foo bits that they want.

It’ll work out pretty close to what we have already been paying out for them to loan.

That’s surprising, mind you I doubt £5K would go far with a horse.

I’m going to say anything much more than that and the Findus factory beckons. We’ll stick a few grand in an isa as a contingency for anything that the insurance won’t stretch to, but bearing in mind that a broken leg is pretty much a death sentence…

1 Like

It’d buy a rifle & a small amount of ammo

5 Likes

To give an unusual positive comment on this - it must be lovely knowing that your girl’s will be getting so much fresh air and not glued to their screens for the time they are with the horse.

I also thought that, to my admittedly untrained eye, it looks a terrific horse.

3 Likes

Justifying permanent costs by reference to trial costs is a pro move by the FoLs.

2 Likes

proxy-image

3 points on your horse licence

2 Likes

And for God’s sake DO NOT scrimp on a helmet. When Mrs M had her fall a few years ago it saved her big time. When I saw the helmet after I’m glad we didn’t go cheap

3 Likes

@Rob998 you know you want to

3 Likes

They’ve both been riding since they were toddlers Dave, and we’ve always got them good lids and body armour, because they both like jumping and Lauren especially is a speed freak who likes cross country stuff.

@pbg Many years ago my best mate had a Simpson Bandit airbrushed up to look like The Predator, a bit like this:

Compared to my Troy Corser replica AGV the interior padding was, erm, rudimentary. But then they’re a drag car helmet really, it was pretty dodgy to wear them on a bike.

2 Likes

they look good though

They absolutely do.

I would think Lynn spends £4K max a year, plus any small extras along the way. Biggest problem is being tied and finding someone to sort him if we want to go away.
Its the unexpected costs that quickly add up.

I think you have your own land / stable though don’t you ? We had to add livery (largely DIY) costs.

Can it enter the Derby? Just spitballing.

1 Like

There appears to be money to be made in Atlantic City if you can train it to high dive. Put Runcorn’s Silver Jubilee bridge to good use and have it practise into the ship canal.

5 Likes

Unfortunately not I used to have my own land. Now we rent from Revesby Estate and to be fair it’s quire cheap so that helps. We have no spraying to do no upkeep on the stables or fencing which helps.

:roll_eyes:

So the saddle fitter came today: £65…

Sold us a brand spanking new Wintec saddle for: £750…

And a some kind of foo riser pad to go under it because of thoroughbred reasons: £70…

And the fucking nag head butted me so hard I was seeing actual fucking stars, the twat.

31 Likes