House Renovation 🏡

:rofl:

Looks like it is in move in condition to me?:thinking:

If you are after extra funding make sure you build a spire before calling out the pompiers.

1 Like

its very exciting , i have done quite a few projects now but none anywhere near as big as yours

OK then. This is after the plumber:

Plumbers are cunts.

This is after the roofer :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Lovely leak. The ceiling had been replastered by the time we discovered the leaky roof. Roofers are cunts.

This is after the builder:

Builders are usually on holidays the cunts! They’re even more fucking annoying when they are on site though.

And don’t talk to me about fucking plasterers :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Have you had some work done?

You should have said.

Don’t you start. You probably have bucket envy after seeing my roofer’s nice clean receptacle (oooh-errrr).

weird, it doesn’t look finished? Have you started again?

Yes. That is why I am so fucking cheerful at the moment.

1 Like

Make sure you get it well insured before you get French builders in

yes plasterers drive me nuts sometimes , had one 2 years ago who kept promising to come and i would stay out of the house and then he said he hadn`t done it. then i had to clear up all his huge mess

i am fortunate in having a superb gas man/plumber , he is incredibly tidy and precise . finding good people is hard and i am very sad becuase my ocd kitchen/bathroom man is retiring this month . he was slow but oh my gosh he was thorough

You could always forbid them to smoke on the job as well. Thus ensuring it doesn’t go up in smoke.

1 Like

For bits & pieces (temporary furniture, appliances etc.) leboncoin.fr is great - we’ve bought loads from there over the years. Amazing what you can find 20 mins drive away.
We renovated a house in France 17 years ago & built one 10 years ago so if you’ve got any questions I’m happy to share what I can remember. Although a lot of wine has been consumed in the meantime so memory is not what it was…

2 Likes

If you have a problem, if no one else can help…Call the AA team.

They will come to your rescue: eat all your food, complain about your VTA, disagree about all things before making you wear a cape and call you you a cunt whilst getting offended and outraged in your local boulangerie .

This is the way of things.

9 Likes

Make friends with Mr Bricolage

That has all the makings of a TV franchise format.

Each week a brigade of middle aged fat blokes pitch up to turn a major problem into a proper catastrophe.

Less “DIY SOS”, more “DIY bunch of cunts”.

13 Likes

I think it used to be called Last of the Summer Wine.

1 Like

I’m sure the complete absence of a record player here won’t stop that either :laughing:

3 Likes

Nope, got nothing to do with it.

I imagine the fourth or fifth conflagration barbecue will lead to steps being taken by the Gendarmes. Not to mention the fact that @coco’s speed demon tendencies won’t help getting Jon off the list marked “Known to Associate with Undesirables”.